Acer V3-571 laptop won't get past 22% of Windows 10 Anniversary "Update" portion of installation

DaisyDuck99
DaisyDuck99 Member Posts: 7 New User

I have an Acer V3-571 laptop, originally w/ Windows 7 Home, which I updated to Windows 10. Acer website says this laptop will support the Win 10 Anniversary Update.

Tried to download Anniversary Update from online, but reverted back to Win 10. Switched to Windows Media Creator for next download attempt, I uninstalled my avast! Internet Security. Again reverted back. Then, used Win Media Creator again (after I also deleted Malwarebytes Anti-malware & also Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit & SuperAntiSpyware. After fully downloading Anniv Update (Win 10 AND Updates), reverted back after new Win 10 and 22% of updates. And, then AGAIN after I had disabled Bluetooth drivers, I downloaded Anniv Update & again at the 22% mark of the updates to the new Win 10 Anniv download, reverted my machine back to the previous Win 10.

Anyone heard of this? Any suggestions?

Why is it at the 22% mark that the machine restarts (which is the second restart during the Anniv installation) and displays that my machine is being returned to previous version of Windows?

Thanks in advance.

To clarify: After the entire Anniversary Update downloads without problem, the Windows 10 Anniversary part installs without problem. Then, "Updates" begin installing, at the 22% mark of these "Updates" installing, the machine restarts & reverts back to previous Windows installation.

Best Answer

• DaisyDuck99
    Answer ✓

SOLUTION: Finally, yesterday, I downloaded new drivers for Bluetooth USB Module and for Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000. Also, w/ my free Everything search app, pulled up Windows.old and renamed it Anything.old (Read on a forum that renaming of Windows.old with any word to substitute for the word "Windows" helped). Whether it was the updated drivers and/or the renaming, the Windows Media Creator downloaded & the Anniv. update installed w/ NO HARM to my computer or to any partition, including the partition w/ Ubuntu. Fin

Answers

• DaisyDuck99
    Answer ✓

SOLUTION: Finally, yesterday, I downloaded new drivers for Bluetooth USB Module and for Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000. Also, w/ my free Everything search app, pulled up Windows.old and renamed it Anything.old (Read on a forum that renaming of Windows.old with any word to substitute for the word "Windows" helped). Whether it was the updated drivers and/or the renaming, the Windows Media Creator downloaded & the Anniv. update installed w/ NO HARM to my computer or to any partition, including the partition w/ Ubuntu. Fin

• HHflier
    HHflier Member Posts: 8 New User

You are lucky to achieve an uninterrupted install.  The Acer V3-571 does not appear in the Acer list of compatible machines for Windows 10 Anniversary edition (it is in the normal Windows 10 list).  The V3-572 is in the Anniversary list.