Acer V15 Nitro - wifi issues

Options
helps165
helps165 Member Posts: 7 New User

Hi all, I've purchased notebook from Acer couple weeks ago and since then, I'm experiencing horrible connectivity. I'm really disappointed with this machine!! How can brand new laptop keep disconnecting constantly?? I don't want to send it back to service, because I spent whole summer without laptop thanks to another 'amazing' Acer machine V7. I've downloaded new drivers from Acer website, I've tried some tips and yet wi-fi has weak signal, keeps disconnecting and it's annoying as hell. Sometimes it is ok for few hours and then again it keeps disconnecting every couple minutes. I've read lot of reports on wifi issues from users, so I know I'm not alone, but I wonder if there is anything I can try that maybe worked for some of you?? It's absolutely frustrating and I feel bad for paying 20k for this machine when some cheap plastic machines for 8k has way better signal and no dropping wi-fi issues.

Any ideas are really appreciated, thank you.

Answers

• kochonnes
    kochonnes Member Posts: 11 New User
    Options

Can you unplug all usb devices connected to your laptop and then see how your wlan is ? because then I disconnect everything from usb the wlan works fine but with my usb mouse connected the signal just drops. The problem is related to the usb bus drivers but I havent found a fix yet

• helps165
    Options

I occasionally use usb mouse, but haven't used it for past couple days and still have issues. It's strange as sometimes it works great for couple hours and then I can't play youtube video along with other things and it takes ages to load the site. I should probably also note that since it's relatively new machine, wifi is 'newer' ac one, but still have issues. Not sure what I can do to make it better. 

• helps165
    Options

Ok. Unfortunately, I can't tell what helped me solve the wi-fi issue, but at least for now it seems that wi-fi is working pretty well without disconnecting etc. I tried few things, so I guess something worked. It's been fine for more than a day,so let's hope it'll stay that way. Man Happy

• yanperez
    yanperez Member Posts: 14 New User
    Options

I got to solve the wifi issues (it was dropping, low signal and low speed)

my laptop has the Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 Wireless AC. the drivers in the support page did nothing.

I found that the drivers of the Qualcomm Killer 1525 Wireless adapter work fine (these are only for the wifi so you wont have bluetooth)

to install these drivers you have to manually select the files. Because  the killer suite wont find any killer card in your system.

Now im reading that killer released bluetooth drivers for this card. Ill test this when I get home and see if I find the link to these killer files.