Acer V Nitro VN7-592G nVidia GTX 960 driver problem

Options
KotNaKacu
KotNaKacu Member Posts: 4 New User

I have bought an Acer Aspire Nitro model VN7-592G with nVidia GTX960 graphic card today.

Now i have installed windows 10 operating system (home premium 64x).

But i cannot install nVidia drivers.

First of all i have run atached CD with drivers and installed them all.

Then i used a soft Driver Booseter 3.2 to additionally update any outdated drivers.

Then i make sure i have installed intel HD 530 graphics (which is as i know required for further nVidia driver installation).

Later i went to nvidia site and downloaded drivers for nVidia GTX 960m graphic card - which was

361.91-notebook-win10-64bit-international-whql

but trying to install them results in failure.

First step "checking system compatibility" results in error message (translated from polish) "This video driver could not find matching graphic hardware". Like i don't have the graphic card? Or is it damaged?

I also tried to install old outdated nVidia driver from the acer site, but it also ends with same error massage.

Can anyone help me with my problem please?

Answers

• sixt9stang
    sixt9stang Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

Have you tried to install the driver from the Acer Support page? 

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/VGA/VGA_nVidia_10.18.13.5362_W10x64_A.zip?acerid=635809262265204500&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE VN7-592G&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

If you have and that didn't work try installing the Nvidia GeForce experience.

http://us.download.nvidia.com/GFE/GFEClient/2.10.2.40/GeForce_Experience_v2.10.2.40.exe 

Then see if that finds drivers to install.

• KotNaKacu
    Options

Yes, i have tried to insall them from acer site, and it failed with same error result.

On the other hand, i cannot install the Nvidia GeForce Experience because:

"Nvidia GeForce Experience requires an Nvidia GPU. Refer to system requirements".

What the fudge?

Does it states that it don't see my GPU or i don't have it?

• sixt9stang
    sixt9stang Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

Have you updated your BIOS?

• KotNaKacu
    Options

No i have not by the time i wrote  posts above.

But now i did, and nothing from installed patches helped.

1. Updates Intel FRC code and NVIDIA VBIOS version.     1.06
    2. Updates Intel microcode, DVMT pre-allocated VRAM to 64MB and i [...]     1.07 

After installing each of them the laptop stopped starting booting Windows. (message: "No bootable device").

At that point i discovered that installing each patch reseted the UEFI settings from Legacy to Enable.

Why i had UEFI set to Legacy? Because when i tried to install Windows on the laptop the BIOS didnt see pendrive as bootable device. Nothing helped only the guy from the shope where i bought the stuff said to me that i can change UEFI settings from Enable to Legacy to make the pendrive visible. But now when i changed them there was warrning saying that UEFI is suggested for Windwos 8 and above to fully enjoy all options).

So maybe the fact that i have installed the Windows on UEFI disabled in BIOS resulted in the fact that Windows don't see my GPU?

In Task Manager there is no unrecognized device as i would expect to the moment of installation nVidia drivers.

What do you guys think?

I will read about that UEFI whatever it is because i don't know anything and i hope it might be the case.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

this issue can be Legacy related, not 100% sure but, if you have some spare time, it's worth a try.

1) download a windows 10 iso using Microsof tool:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209

select the proper windows 10 version (the same installed on your laptop) and choose to save it as iso file when prompted, once downloaded

2) download Rufus:

http://rufus.akeo.ie/?locale=en_US

plug your USB flash drive, run Rufus then:

select ISO image from the dropdown menu near "Create a bootable disk"

click on the little icon on the right and browse to the windows 10 downloaded iso file

as Partitions scheme select "GPT partition scheme for UEFI"

as File system select "FAT32"

click on Start

wait until it finish, then uplug your USB flash drive

3) backup all your personal data

4) Reboot to BIOS, pressing F2 at boot, then press F9 to load default and F10 to save and exit

5) plug your USB flash drive and at boot press F12, choose the USB flash drive as bootable device

6) once at language/keyboard selection, press shift+F10, a command prompt will open

7) type

Diskpart

list disk

select disk x (x is the number of your HDD)

clean

convert GPT

exit

exit again to close command prompt

8) proceed with windows 10 installation

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • KotNaKacu
    Options

Yeterday i went to the shop to ask for help, because nothing was helping. Although it was very good guide - thank you for that - it will help me in the future.

The guy in the shop tried one more thing - he downloaded different Intel drivers hoping that installing them would make GPU visible, but even that didnt help. So i decided to change the laptop to other one. Hope the next will be working with no problems Smiley Wink Will tell you in a few days if the problem is fixed.

• patale
    patale Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I am using same laptop and it came with windows 10 installed, i work on 3ds max, windows 10 is give hell lot of issue in running 3ds max and after recent update of windows 10 my 3ds max doesnt open at all, came to know its the issue of windows 10, just need to know are there drivers of this version for windows 8.1 since the drivers available on acer website is compatible with windows 10