Acer Support & Warranty issue

gators
gators Member Posts: 2 New User

Before my 1 year warranty ran out I sent my computer in for service.  They "fixed it" and sent it back, however, that same day I noticed the problem was not fixed.  My 1 year warranty had expired by this time but they said there was an additional 90 day warranty after getting the computer back from service and they told me to send it back in so they could “have their best guy” fix it. (too bad their best guy wasn't working the first time I sent it in, could have saved me time and money on packing and shipping costs) Since getting my computer back the second time, I have encountered another related issue and need assistance.  I am still within the additional 90 day warranty time after getting my computer back, however, when I call the Acer Support number the automated system says my computer is out of warranty and automatically forwards me to a pay per service 3rd party support company.  My computer is under warranty; I should not have to spend money to get service when it is under warranty.  I can not find any other way to talk to a person to get this resolved.  I already had very low satisfaction with the majority of my calls to Acer Support before now.  This makes it even worse and leads me to tell people not to buy Acer computers.  Please, could someone from Acer help a customer out?  Thanks.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

My guess the additional 90 days was for that 1 issue because they had just did the repair. They didn't extend your warranty on the whole laptop. 

What is your related issue? Maybe we can help.

• gators
    gators Member Posts: 2 New User

Yes, I agree that Acer neglected to update my warranty info in their system and this is why I am unable to talk with anyone at Acer to fix that warranty issue. 

The problem with my computer is:  my camera does not work.  It worked before I sent it in.  They replaced the main board and since then my camera has not worked.  If I start the Camera app, it says “Make sure your camera is connected…..”.  I have factory reset my computer, camera didn’t work.  I have restored to a known good windows system image, camera didn’t work.  I have tried to install the two camera drivers that are listed for my computer on the Acer website, both say “The installer failed to detect a camera on this system. The installation was terminated.”

Thanks for trying to help me, you've done more than Acer support has done.