Acer Recovery USB Disk Error (Aspire V5 Series)

Options
ferguson
ferguson Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello,

So with a year and a half under its belt, my Acer V5 had more than a few programs installed that I no longer use. With Windows 10 around the corner, I figured that I'd clean things up and restore it to factory settings with the handy USB recovery drive that Acer had mailed me.

Although I had a working laptop four hours ago, I've now been staring at a "Restore failed --Can not find image path" error message, over and over again. Then the injury has been compounded by the insult of not being permitted to speak to Acer about the damage it's caused due to the laptop's being out of warranty.

It appears that several other people have faced this error. So I'd like to pose the following two questions:

A) Is there any uniform solution to this problem that can un-break my computer? Extra points if such a solution can be implemented in a timely fashion?

B) Given that Acer's recovery drive took my working computer and turned it into (effectively) a flashlight with a keyboard, is it wrong to think that I should have the ability to speak to Acer about this? If the Toyota dealer comes to my house and slashes the tires of my '98 Corolla, the fact that the car is old doesn't absolve him or her of the responsibility for destroying it, right?

Thanks!

Answers

• ferguson
    ferguson Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I should add that I apologize if my tone is a bit testy. After I was transferred to the third party support for out-of-warranty customers, I spoke to probably the most belittling, demeaning individual with whom I've ever spoken. It was a less than pleasant experience.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

if you want to reset to factory default, you can try also ALT+F10 at boot.

it will work as the USB recovery.

I'm not an Acer employee.