Acer Aspire v5 573g compatible hardware

calbruc
calbruc Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

I got this laptop in 2014 and it gave me hell at the beginning, then it worked, then during the switch to w10, it gave me more hell. Fast forward to 2016, I have a proper desktop because frankly I could not rely on the laptop anymore, oddly enough it's behaved without a hitch for a while now.

Anyway, I opened it up and switched out the HDD (1TB WD slim) for an SSD, and I've been thinking of switching out the 4GB ram stick for an 8GB one and maybe the WNA (AR5BWB222) for an Intel one (Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 HMC Rev.2).

My question is the following, can I replace the RAM for any PC12800/1600 MHz SO-DIMM DDR3L CL11 1,35v stick? or does it have to be the Acer approved ones? (which seem to be substantially more expensive). 

Is there a list of compatible hardware for the laptop? I wanna give it new life, if it's possible. Anyway, thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,046 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hi calbruc,

Aspire V5-573G only has one memory slot and 4Gb soldered on the motherboard. Probably Speccy indicates these 4Gb as a free slot. You should check with CPU-Z zipped version (no installation). It will give you the right result: 8+ 4 and no free slot.

France

Answers

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi,

First thing first, please be sure that you have the drivers updated for windows 10 in order to avoid issues with the notebook working abnormally. Your model has windows 10 support and at http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers you can find the "recommended drivers" for the notebook.

Regarding the RAM upgrade, you can use any DDR3L for notebook to upgrade the RAM. I don't even know what would be "acer certified" mean. Unless it is not DDR3 (without L) or other type of RAM (DDR2 or DDR4) it should work fine. Be careful though because your maximum supported ram for that model is 12 GB.

Probably somebody else can provide you with the ram modules which are installed in that series of notebook.

• calbruc

Tinkerer

Acer certified, for example this: http://www.kingston.com/en/memory/search?DeviceType=&Mfr=ACE&Line=Aspire&Model=85272

While browsing for the info I came upon a post that said that RAM of other brands would not work, I just wanted to be sure. Upon reasoning, however, there should be no problem as long as it has the proper specs. 

And yes, I had updated all my drivers with the w10 drivers, the problem was that the intel management engine that was being provided by windows (via wupdate) was causing the laptop to stop shutting down or sleeping properly, but that's been fixed (with a workaround).

Anyway, thanks for the response.

• laurent_14

Hi calbruc,

For information, here are the original modules of 8Gb (4Gb onboard is Hynix or Elpida):

Spoiler
    KN.8GB07.005SODIMM.8GB.DDR3L-1600 (Kingston)
    KN.8GB07.013SODIMM.8GB.DDR3L-1600 (Kingston)
    KN.8GB0G.013SODIMM.8GB.DDR3L-1600 (Hynix)
    France
  • calbruc

Tinkerer

laurent_14 wrote:

Hi calbruc,

For information, here are the original modules of 8Gb (4Gb onboard is Hynix or Elpida):

Spoiler
    KN.8GB07.005SODIMM.8GB.DDR3L-1600 (Kingston)
    KN.8GB07.013SODIMM.8GB.DDR3L-1600 (Kingston)
    KN.8GB0G.013SODIMM.8GB.DDR3L-1600 (Hynix)

thanks mate

• calbruc

Tinkerer

a bit of an encore question

I was looking at speccy, and it says I have a free ram slot, but I cannot see where it could possibly be. Is speccy wrong? or is there another slot where I can stick my ram?bild

• laurent_14
    Answer ✓

Hi calbruc,

Aspire V5-573G only has one memory slot and 4Gb soldered on the motherboard. Probably Speccy indicates these 4Gb as a free slot. You should check with CPU-Z zipped version (no installation). It will give you the right result: 8+ 4 and no free slot.

France
  • calbruc

Tinkerer

yeah it shows one slot 4gb and the other it shows nothing, which must be the soldered 4gb, since I only have 8gb

alright, thanks man

• You're welcome. Try CPU-Z Smiley Wink

France
  • calbruc

Tinkerer

I did, here's the screenshot

ram.jpg

• jasin
    jasin Member Posts: 4 New User

so do you buy a ddr3 or ddr3l ive been told to get the ddr3l  over the ddr3 , but in the screen shot it dosent have a "l" with the ddr3 , one of them uses more power and can cause yor nootbook to over heat  any help would be grate

• Hi jasin,

If you look at the screenshot, you'll see 1.35V in the voltage cells. 1.35V means DDR3L (L=Low power)

FYI,

• DDR3 works a 1,5V
    • Most of DDR3L works at 1.35V and 1.5V so backward compatible with DDR3
    France
  • jasin

what about a ddr4l would those types of ram work in a v5-573g

• Hi jasin,

Aspire V5-573G only supports DDR3L. You can't install a DDR4 memory module in a DDR3(L) socket:

"The key notch on a DDR4 module is in a different location from the key notch on a DDR3 module. Both notches are located on the insertion edge but the notch location on the DDR4 is slightly different, to prevent it the module from being installed into an incompatible board or platform." (Source: Kingston)

Edited: Typo.

France
  • jasin

sorry to ask but , did you meen you can use a ddr3 with the aspire v5-573g, or only the ddr3(l)

• jasin

also how manny pin is that type

• Hi jasin,

1. Only DDR3L (1.35V).
    2. About the number of pin, you'll find the informations here.
    France
  • eltastr
    eltastr Member Posts: 3 New User

Untitled.jpgHello everyone,

I've bought a  Crucial 8GB 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM DDR3L 1600 (PC3L 12800) Laptop Memory Model CT102464BF160B but I am having the same problem, it won't show the upgraded ram after the installation . If anyone can help me that would be awesome , Thanks all!!!

• Hi eltastr,

This Crucial part number is not listed as compatible memory module: Link.

France
  • eltastr

Hey!

I returned the Crucial ram and ordered this one instead,which was one to the compatable ones for my notebook:

Kingston 8GB Module - DDR3L 1600MHz
    Part Number: KCP3L16SD8/8
    Specs: DDR3L , 1600MHz , Non-ECC , CL11 , X8 , 1.35V , Unbuffered , SODIMM , 204-pin
    But after the installation it still won't recognize the upgraded ram.I can't figure out what is the problem. Please help me out with this~Thank you!
  • eltastr

Got it guys!!! I just kept taking it out of the slot and placing it back in, eventually it was set in correct!