Acer Aspire v5-561G Graphics problem

Options
rageacer
rageacer Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello everyone, 

I had a few comments in similar threads but noone answered so here is the deal:

I really mad now because my problem is not yet solved. Acer markets my v5 as an 8.1 windows laptop. My laptop has an i5-4200U CPU with 4400 HD graphic card. It also has a dedicated R7 265M radeon card. The issue I'm having is that my pc is not able to sleep, instead blanks and I have to force shutdown it every time. This also happens if screen timeouts and goes blank. One reccomended soulutions is to install the drivers from Acer support website and with those recommended drivers laptop can go to pc but Catalyst doesn't work meaning switchable graphics does not work, even if i run a game the performance is low (it is using Intel GPU) but tools show me that the Radeon GPU is on and constantly under 90% load (playing a game or just idle desktop) which is thrashing my battery time. If I try the latest drivers from AMD page i get a working gpu and better battery lifetime but no sleep . Its been almost 5 months since my purcharse and still no solution. Noone at acer even conctacted me via forums and i find it quite irresponsible.