Acer Aspire v5-471g can't detect bootable USB

Options
linkincyde
linkincyde Member Posts: 7 New User

So I created 2 bootable USB, First USB, bootable using MBR Windows 8.1, second bootable using GPT Windows 8.1. Both are created using Rufus software.I already set the boot order to 1) USB HDD 2) USB FDD etc. I set UEFI and secured. Both bootable USB's dont work. So i set it to "Legacy and not secured", the first USB works but can't continue to Setup Page. Windows 8.1 logo displays, but after few seconds, it will go to blank sreen. I tried to wait for 30mins, still stuck to blank screen. I also tried to insert the USB to different USB ports, 1 USB 3.0, 2 USB 2.0, still no luck. What should I do? hope someone can help me? thank you!

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

FAT32 formatted?

you can leave UEFI if the .iso you downloaded are EFI compatible, just disable secure boot.

Please notice that some USB pen can't boot from BIOS, don't ask me why but i had some problems with "no brand" USB pen.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • linkincyde
    Options
    Its NTFS. Im using 2 flash drives, imation and sandisk. I've formatted many laptops (not acer brand though) and i've got no problems. Its still stuck in black screen. Smiley Sad
  • linkincyde
    Options
    What partition scheme should i use? Gpt or mbr? Im using rufus software.
  • IronFly
    Options

Use FAT32 on USB pen and GPT on rufus for better compatibility, to install windows 8, use UEFI BIOS and disable secure boot from BIOS.

• linkincyde
    Options
    Yes, i already did that, it shows "no operating system found". Any other ideas? I tried everything i can still no luck. I just know this is only software-related problem, not hardware. Smiley Sad
  • IronFly
    Options

Something is wrong on your USB pen, if your windows 8.1 iso is official, using rufus you have only to format to FAT32, using GPT scheme for UEFI  BIOS.

at BIOS disable secure boot, boot pressing F12 to select the USB pen as bootable device and install.

nothing else, if is not working, can be an USB pen compatibility issue, it happenede to me too using no brand USB pen.

• linkincyde
    Options
    May i ask what pendrive did you used? Right now im using sandisk, kingston and imation (all 8gb). Smiley Sad
  • IronFly
    Options

sandisk

• linkincyde
    Options
    I was able to format the laptop. I replaced the hard drive with my spare hdd. The hdd that was installed in laptop is defective. Thank you so much to all who helped me. Smiley Happy
  • Phreakwars
    Phreakwars Member Posts: 17 New User
    Options

In RUFUS, under partition scheme and target system type, did you remember to select "GPT partition scheme for UEFI computer." ?

• linkincyde
    Options
    Yes i did that. At first its not continuing to boot from usb. I tried every partition scheme and its not working. So i went to Acer to check whats the problem. They told me my hdd is defective. So i replaced it with my spare hdd and it works.
  • Phreakwars
    Phreakwars Member Posts: 17 New User
    Options

I've seen some BIO's that won't let you boot a USB drive in EUFI mode, did you try switching it to Legacy to see if that was the problem? I know when I went to remove a password table from a windows 8 laptop a few weeks ago, I also wasn't able to boot from the USB stick untill I switched it to Legacy mode in the BIOS.

• rohitmc6
    rohitmc6 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

windows install HDD remove your laptop & connect extranel HDD case & Delete (system reserve and CSmiley Happy check the windows partition and delete. then windows load. GPT or MBR.