Acer Aspire v3-111P-C9Z3 SSD Upgrade issues

Options
Scbrown
Scbrown Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello I bought an Acer Aspire v3-111P-C9Z3 last summer and this summer bought an SSD to upgrade it with. I plugged the SSD in through my external USB dock, cloned the OS and tried running it. The seemingly simple operation ended when I got a "No Bootable Device" message from the Acer Bios. Running on legacy mode nets me a similar error. 

I used EaseUS to clone the OS

I bought a 120g PNY SSD

CLoned win10

the BIOS seems to recognize that the SSD is there (In the BIOS load order in the f2 screen it says something like " HDDSmiley FrustratedSD-XXXXXXXXXXX" but it doesn't boot up the OS from the SSD the way that would be expected after being cloned. 

I appreciate anyone's help. I'm pretty computer-literate and have been looking around but have not found anything to fix this yet. 

Thanks

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

you can try to repair the cloned OS with a windows bootable media, boot from it and choose repair my computer then troubleshot and check if automatic repair/startup repair is able to fix it.

Honestly, i would prefer to make a fresh install switching from HDD to SSD, since Windows makes some tweaks when installing on SSD (Trim, garbage collector, alignement)

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • silizium
    silizium Member Posts: 239 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

I would also advise you to install your OS completely new on your SSD. Cloning from a harddisk to SSD is mostly a bad idea. It works but there are sometimes very odd failures at boot time, especially if you use hibernate. Furthermore it may reduce your I/O speed drastically.