Acer Aspire v15 Nitro Black Edition VN7-592G-52Z4. Question about SSD cable availability.

Options
Frederic
Frederic Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi,

I recently bought a Amazon Refurbished Acer v15 along with a 480Gb Crucial 2.5in SSD.

By viewing videos about similar models on youtube, I concluded that changing the SSD wouldn't be too complicated.

I opened the laptop yesterday. To my surprise there wasn't a SSD in the 2.5in bay, but only a 256Gb Lite-On SSD connected in the m.2 slot at the left side of the motherboard. My original plan was to remove the old 2.5in SSD and to replace it with the new one I had purchased using the cable that was already there, but, since there wasn't any in the first place, I have absolutely no way to connect my new 2.5in SSD to the laptop motherboard.

I tried looking aroung a bit on the internet for a compatible cable I could use, but my research was unsuccesful. The cable I need isn't a standard SSD connecting cable, but a custom cable for the laptop I use.

Is there anyway I can buy a compatible cable from Acer?

If not, is there somewhere else I can get a compatible cable?

Thank you!

Answers

• laurent_14
    Options

Hi Frederic,

You need this part:

Spoiler
    50.G6GN1.006CABLE.HDD.CONNECTOR (Picture linked)
    I suggest you to contact your service customer (spare parts). They'll give you the contact details of their part resellers.
    France