Acer Aspire v13 brand new - problem(s)

tedayybear
tedayybear Member Posts: 4 New User

I bought this Acer Aspire v 13 touch on Wednesday, and It came in yesterday really the only thing I did on it was download google chrome, microsoft office and a few powerpoints for school then watched a show and I experienced a few problems. 

-I drag and dropped microsoft word, powerpoint and excel onto my desktop and it froze for about 5 seconds and gave me a notification on the bottom right that something crashed but was restored. Not sure what that was about.

-When full screening my show, the sound still played but the picture froze.

Today, I opened it and the fan started roaring for about 15 minutes then went off for about a minute or two and is still very loud and hasn't really turned off.

Not really satisfied on a new purchase with having this many problems already. The worst out of all of them that's really an issue for me is this fan, no idea why it's so loud and on so constantly, it's not being blocked by anything either.

Answers

• tony410197
    tony410197 Member Posts: 17 New User
    Could be the Intel Graphics Driver issue. Try update it through Device Manager or Acer website
  • tedayybear

Okay, but even if that fixes one problem i'm not sure why I can't even multi-task without it being slow, laggy, or frozen. I'm not sure if something is wrong with this specific laptop, or if it's this model.

• tony410197
    Are you using anniversary update? Can you share the spec 'cause I'm using the different one and lazy to google lol
  • tedayybear

Aspire V3-372T if that's what you were asking for. I just installed all of the available updates from the Acer Care Center. Fan is still extremely loud and constantly on

• tony410197
    The spec is not really power hungry so if the fan is spinning loud and fast, there's definitely some error in software. Try turn on Power Saver mode in Power Options and see if it helps.
  • tedayybear

I just did that, turned on power saver mode and closed out of everythig and waited five minutes. The fan was still making noise, and i was doing nothing besides watching it lol

• tony410197
    My friend has an old laptop and it has the same issue. But if he shut it down and turn on, it's gone. It happens when he put the laptop to sleep mode then turn on. This shouldn't happen on a new laptop, however. You should try a clean install of windows anniversary update (download the iso directly from MS or bought their usb). Your license should be digital because it will link your account to the laptop hardware and makes thing easier . Let the windows update itself, then go to Device Manager and update anything you can. Restart and check. Driver from Acer might be outdated though.