Acer Aspire VX5-591G Issue with Wlan card

Options
FunFinland
FunFinland Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello,

I ordered a new wlan-card for my Aspire VX5-591G.

Everything worked okay after hardware change, but laptop didn't detect Bluetooth?

It was not found on Device manager nor with correct drivers?

Card in question is intel dual band wireless-ac 8265, old one is qualcomm atheros qca61x4.

On Qualcomm bluetooth works and shows up in device manager, i did take look at the "connector" pins in Intel and Qualcomm cards. It seems to be that intel is not "connected" to all pins, but Qualcomm is?

Can you tell me would be this a issue with laptop itself?

I would really like to use Intel card because it's much better and has better speed.

It's weird that everyone has working AC 8265 but i have this weird issue with rather new  laptop.

Thank you, Br, Toni H.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options

>>>Can you tell me would be this a issue with laptop itself?>>>It's weird that everyone has working AC 8265 but i have this weird issue with rather new laptop.>>>

Doubt due the laptop. A google search of "AC 8265" "bluetooth issues" "windows 10" (with the quotes) clearly shows that NOT everyone has a working AC 8265 with many different kinds of laptops. The Intel forums has some of them, most unresolved so far. Jack E/NJ   

Jack E/NJ

• FunFinland
    FunFinland Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Due to google searching with those quotes, i did find some discussions about bluetooth issues and not being discovered at all.

I did order AC 8260, if that would work.

Does pin-connector matter? If all pins aren't "connected" ?

If 8260 would not work either, then i don't know what  to do.

In Finland, these WlaNs are "remote" stock products, and it takes around 7-10 days to get one.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options

>>>Does pin-connector matter?>>> If 8260 would not work either, then i don't know what  to do.>>>

It's possible, but unlikely, that connected-pin count matters. I say this because some folks report that Linux recognizes Bluetooth while Windows doesn't on dual boot machines. You also might want to check the BIOS settings with the card installed to see if any options may relate to the BT issue.

If I felt the 8265 & 8260 are that good and want to use one of them despite the BT issue, I know what I'd do. I'd keep the 8265 I already have and buy the latest CSR4.x BT dongle on eBay for less than $10 with free shipping. 8^) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mdjuk
    mdjuk Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hello FunFinland. I found this thread on a google search. I have an Aspire laptop and purchased an Intel 8265 wifi card and have exactly the same issue. Did you manage to get this fixed or find out what was the problem? Did the 8260 work correctly?