Acer Aspire VN7-591G trackpad not recognized

jrula
jrula Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello,

I am the owner of an Acer Aspire VN7-591G Black Edition laptop.  Today, upon startup, my trackpad no longer responded to my touch or clicks.  First, I pressed Fn+F7 to see if I had just accidentally disabled it but that was not the case.  I plugged in an external mouse into the USB port to navigate through my laptop and once in Device Manager, found that my trackpad was not listed under the Mice and other pointing devices section.

device manager.png

Also, under Mouse Properties, my trackpad does not show up.  HID-compliant mouse is the external mouse I am currently using.

mouse.png

I am unsure how to fix this.  If anyone has any ideas that could help, it would be greatly appreciated Smiley Happy

Best Answer

• jrula
    Answer ✓

Additionally, I suppose I should mention that I am running Windows 10 for months and had not had any issues until today.

Answers

• jrula
    Answer ✓

Additionally, I suppose I should mention that I am running Windows 10 for months and had not had any issues until today.

• isen1014
    isen1014 Member Posts: 4 New User

I am having the same problem. Installing the latest driver didn't do anything.

• MyPrivateGeek
    MyPrivateGeek Member Posts: 2 New User

Make that 3 of us with no working trackpad running Windows 10 Home 64-bit!

ACER...PLEASE UPDATE THE TRACKPAD DRIVERS FOR OUR COMPUTER!

Capture.PNG

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi,

I have the 591G, and I have a working trackpad with no issues. It works fine on Aniversary Update and also worked fine on previous windows 10. I am not sure if it's a driver issue. Did you try to see if the trackpad is working in Ubuntu for example. It's simple to make a bootable USB and try it there. If it's working in Ubuntu probably a clear install could solve the issue. If it's not working then you can check if the trackpad cable didn't came lose from the connector. (you will need to open the notebook for this). If you don't want to open it and it's not working even in other OS, then it would be time to get to a service center to take a look on it.