Acer Aspire V7-581PG refuses to start up / post to BIOS

Options
Martin421
Martin421 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello,

Trying to fix my girlfriend's laptop here and recently it has started to falter - eventually reaching the point where it was handed over me to fix.

The laptop refuses to start up and remains in a state where the screen is black with the blue light on and the fans spinning up fine.

I have already tried the following solutions -

• A full 58-120 second power drain whilst holding down the power button. Result - Nothing of note.
  • Opening up the laptop, removing the battery and unplugging it as well as reseating the RAM after cleaning it lightly. Before replacing the components and repeating the above power drain. Result - Again nothing of note.
  • Downloading the latest BIOS from the official Acer site (2.10 version I believe) and extracting that before placing it onto a USB formatted to FAT32. Inserting the USB to the laptop whilst off and holding FN+ESC before plugging in the charging cable, still holding the buttons and then waiting 10 seconds, again pressing the power button ONCE to start the flashing process. Result - Nothing again much my frustration, the blue light flashes and the USB light flashes so it seems to be doing something, but after waiting 30 - 60 mins and trying it again in other USB porters nothing happens.

I am now running out of options and confused as to why it won't flash or post at all, just wanted to source out some ideas/solutions before resigning and probably telling my partner that her motherboard or some sort of hardware is fried and the Christmas money this year will have to go to a new machine Smiley Sad

Regards

Martin

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

the extract BIOS file, was it renamed?

have you already tried connecting an external monitor?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Martin421
    Martin421 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hello, thanks for the reply!

I was not aware I had to rename any of the BIOS files, though there are several of them so which one would I rename?

• Ding.wav
    • FlsHook.exe
    • FlsHookDLL.dll
    • FWUpdLcl.exe
    • InsydeFlash.exe
    • iscflash.dll
    • iscflash.sys
    • iscflashx64.sys
    • platform.ini
    • xerces-c_2_7.dll
    • ZQK_210.exe

The above were all contained in an extracted folder called BIOS_v2.10_DOS_W8x86x64

As for the external monitor using a HDMI cable (the laptop has no VGA) it shows no signal regardless of whether I try to switch monitors using the FN+Function keys.

Kind Regards

Martin

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

none of those are correct.

please check your private messages.

I'm not an Acer employee.