Acer Aspire V7-481P how to flash BIOS / Black Screen

Options
meliora
meliora Member Posts: 1 New User

Like many other users I am experiencing black screen problems with my Acer Aspire V7-481P. Sometimes the laptop works fine, but often (especially when waking up from sleep or starting after little rest) the laptop does not start up. Only the fan and the keyboard lights turn on, but the screen stays black.

After searching the forum I found that a corrupted BIOS may be the reason, so I am trying to flash the BIOS, but with no success so far. I followed these steps:

1. It is not possible to take out the battery in this model, so I pushed the Battery reset pinhole before the process.

2. I downloaded the BIOS file for my model from the acer website, unzipped it and got the following files: Ding.wav, FlsHook.exe, FlsHookDll.dll, FWUpdLcl.exe, InsydeFlash.exe, iscflash.dll, iscflash.sys, iscflashx64.sys, platform.ini, xerces-c_2_7.dll

3. I copied the files to a freshly formatted usb stick, plugged it in the laptop, pressed Esc+Fn+Power Button

The result was again blackscreen, with the power indicator flashing, but nothing happening for 20min. Also the usb stick was not flashing.

AM I doing this correctly? Should I press different buttons when pressing power? Any other ideas what I could try?

Answers

• techy12
    techy12 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi,

Even I am facing the same problem with my acer aspire E1 510. when i switch on the power indicator lights up but nothing appears on screen.but the cd drive fan are working. If you have found a solution for this problem can you please share it with me. I have a lot of assignment and projects to do and my laptop suddenly had this BSOD problem.Thank you