Acer Aspire V5 automatic repair loop stuck for 6 months!

Sic0flife
Sic0flife Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello,

I received the laptop in February of 2014. It was on sale, so I didn't get a 1 year warranty from the day I got it.. That expired 07/01/2014. Anyways, my laptop got stuck in this annoying automatic repair loop about a few weeks after the warranty expired. I've been on and off trying to fix it since then. I think I might need a new motherboard? I don't know, it's making me think Acer has **bleep**ty products. Please help, for my patience is at an all time **bleep**ing low.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

if you don't need to recover your personal data, you can re-install windows pressing ALT+F10 at boot.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • aceraspires3
    aceraspires3 Member Posts: 6 New User

after 9 months I am finally ready to start posing asking questions to get my aspire s3 laptop going again, too.

In my laptops case, its a blue screen of death after acer logo screen; corrupted file error code.

Hitting alt+F10 only opens up the setup utility. Touching any key after acer logo opens setup utility actually.

Let us know if you can enter recovery management with alt+F10.

Here is a link:

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2631#_ga=1.121756879.553571883.1424573562

• aceraspires3
    aceraspires3 Member Posts: 6 New User

Do you have a cd/dvd player? if not you'll use a usb drive of 5gb if you attempted to repair with windows microsoft 8.1 media installation tool.

• socalmark
    socalmark Member Posts: 5 New User

I had IDENTICLE Acer Aspire V5 laptops doing the exact same thing from clients the same week. After searching and trying things for hours from these forums I decided to replce the hard drives with SSD's -------- Problem solved !!

IMG_20150828_110920.jpg

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Hi socalmark,

Glad you're up and running and I'm sure the SSDs are a nice upgrade. I would check the HDDs you replaced as they may not be defective, Windows could have just been failing to load and recovery may have worked for you.

Thanks,
    Cory