Acer Aspire V5-591G-78PJ SSD Problems driver problems, freezes

alittahu
alittahu Member Posts: 20 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hy guys,

So I have a really strange problem. I got a samsung evo 960 and did a clean install of windows 10 on it. When tried to install the gtx 950m driver the computer just froze and restart. Basicaly, when the system just booted up, it automatically freeze so i can't do anything. After that I tried to install the windows on the HDD and when i do that, I do not experience a single problem( i can install the nvidia driver). So what do you guys, how could i solve this problem? 

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer

Hi,

Try migrating the HDD to SSD using MiniTool Partition wizard after updating the NVDIA driver.

https://www.partitionwizard.com/download.html

Capture.JPG

• alittahu

Same problem appears after all Smiley Sad

• pwnstar
    pwnstar Member Posts: 10 New User
    did you manage to solve this issue?
  • alittahu

Not yet. I even visited some "experts" if they can do something, but they do not.Its like, noone met with this problem. Maybe my BIOS doesn't support it, although i have the latest BIOS from acer's page.By the way, are u having the same problem? 

• pwnstar
    I just ordered my 960 evo, it should be here within the next couple weeks. do you have the latest nvidia drivers? also can you try installing the 378.92 drivers?
  • alittahu

Yes i had the latest nvidia drivers. I'm doin' a fresh install and now tryna' do the 378.92 driver then I'm gonna write a reply about the results. Wish me luck.

• ukubmn
    ukubmn Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi I am facing the same problem but with Plextor, specialy now with new release of windows10 1703, after 2 times un-succesful attempt for update due to gtx950 issue, please let me know if any way found. 

• pwnstar
    so any luck with the 378 .xx driver?
  • alittahu

Nothing Smiley Sad Same problems appears. I even got messages that other ppl having this problem as well. Today I went to the local IT shop, if they can help me out somehow, but they told me, they are having the same problems with acer modells and the samsung 960. So I'm pretty hopeless.

• mastrofdisastr
    mastrofdisastr Member Posts: 2 New User

hi there,did someone fix problem on v5591g with freezing on windows10- ssd in there.i have same issues

• brummyfan2

mastrofdisastr wrote:

hi there,did someone fix problem on v5591g with freezing on windows10- ssd in there.i have same issues

This could be due to Windows updating NVIDIA driver, try find a suitable NVIDIA driver and install, then stop Windows updating the drivers.

Go to Control panel-> System and Security-> System

Click Advanced System Settings

Click Device Installation settings and select "No" radio button, click Apply and OK.

HTH.

Capture10.JPGCapture11.JPG

• mastrofdisastr
    mastrofdisastr Member Posts: 2 New User

i stop update that's fine.but when i try to manualy instal any of nvidia driver for gtx950 after restarting laptop he freez.i try few drivers and all is the same...

• brummyfan2

mastrofdisastr wrote:

i stop update that's fine.but when i try to manualy instal any of nvidia driver for gtx950 after restarting laptop he freez.i try few drivers and all is the same...

Hi,

You could try switching to different SSD controller, if you have Microsoft controller switch to SSD manufacturers controller and vice versa.

Capture5.JPG