Acer Aspire V5-573G not powering on or charging

shrivaas73
shrivaas73 Member Posts: 6 New User

Hi,

An hour ago, my computer randomly shut down while I was using it. At that time, it was connected to the AC adapter and I had just plugged in a USB Hub that also had an external power source.

When it shut down, I noted that the indicators for power and charge were both switched off, in spite of the AC adapter being powered on. Moreover, I wasn't able to boot the laptop, despite the battery being at 100%. I tried unplugging the AC adapter and waiting for some time for any stray charges to dissipate, and also held the power button for 30 seconds while the AC adapter was unplugged. I even tried a spare AC adapter to no avail, and found that my adapter was able to charge another Acer laptop.

I tried searching for a "Reset" button on the body of the laptop, given that this model has a non-removable battery. However, I wasn't able to find one.

If this laptop had a removable battery, I would have been able to fix it by now. However, I don't want to remove the back plate of my laptop and risk losing my warranty.

It would be much appreciated if someone knew how to fix this without touching the battery, through the reset button or an alternate mechanism.

Best Answer

• shrivaas73
    Answer ✓

Never mind, I found the reset button. It's in the middle of the back plate, for anyone who has the same problem.

Answers

• shrivaas73
    Answer ✓

Never mind, I found the reset button. It's in the middle of the back plate, for anyone who has the same problem.