Acer Aspire V5-572P will not stay connected to wi-fi. Any advice or help?

dgbee
dgbee Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an Acer Aspire V5-572P that I got about 8 months ago. It is no longer under warranty.  In the last few weeks it has started dropping the wi-fi connection and has become progressively worse.  I've tried many things (including switiching battery level to high performance as suggested in forum) and nothing has worked.  A friend told me to "ping" to check connectivity level and it ranges from 27,29,35,24,355, 28,4300 ...request timed out... repeat ad nauseum.  I am so frustrated.  All the other wi-fi devices are connecting just fine.  argh!!!!

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon

dgbee,

Have you experienced this on other wireless networks? Have you also tried to see if an updated driver is available for your wireless network card?

Besides the above questions and if you have answered yes to them, then I can only suggest a factory restore to rule out any software conflicts/problems. If the problem still persists after that, then it very well may be a hardware issue and would require repair.

• co0lacer
    co0lacer Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi I have a v5-573pg and started to have similar issues starting from a few weeks back. This issue only occurs when I'm on my home network and works fine when I'm at school. All other computers connect fine to our network so I am completely stumped and frustrated at this point. I have updated all drivers and have factory reset my laptop to no success. I figured it could be a hardware issue, but it works perfectly fine on my school network so I'm not sure what's going on. Every now and then, it will connect to the home network but it will be unusable because of the slow speeds. Any potential solution or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.