Acer Aspire V5 571P Windows 8.1 Messed Up Splash Screen after shutdown with Extra Monitor

Options
madogstony
madogstony Member Posts: 2 New User

I've had an extra monitor cennected via VGA for a few days now. Last night, I shut it down through the settings on the charmbar (So Hybrid boot was enabled). This morning, I powered it on and saw the Acer logo on my main screen (the laptop). But then, the Windows loading animation was messed up. It was like there were four or five loading animations across the screen and they were in a line. They were showing up with a slight curve and when they were done loading the screen started flashing and the acer logo was messed up, but then It proceeded with my lock screen and no problems occured after that point (to my knowledge). I'll try and include pictures of the boot screen but I'm writing this on the affected computer. 

Some things I should mention:

• Happens ONLY after shutdown through Windows 8.1 (Hybrid Boot enabled)
  • Does NOT occur after restart or forced shutdown with powerbutton (Hybrid Boot disabled)
  • Occurs even with the external monitor disconnected
  • Did not occur before the specific monitor was connected for the first time
  • I have used different monitors before this one
  • Monitor is Extending the desktop, unless the lid is closed on the laptop, then it becomes the primary monitor
  • I am using the Ethernet/VGA splitter that came with my Laptop and I Have not tried recreating the problem with it disconnected

UPDATE: I Took some pictures here they are:

IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0017.JPG

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

Hi madogstony,

Does the issue persist into Windows or is it just the loading icon that is messed up on the extended display? Kind of a unique situation, just want to clarlify to make sure I fully understand.