Acer Aspire V5-571 will not power on

johns3309
johns3309 Member Posts: 1 New User

Apologies - just posted this question in Welcome Forum by mistake.

Computer will not power on, was working perfectly last night when I shut down. Have tried all suggestions in Knowledge Base with no success. Any help very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

hi....

Is the AC adapter working fine?

Have you performed power reset by removing the battery?

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon

John, how far are you getting in the start-up process?

1) Do the flashing lights turn on?

2) Does the splash screen (usually with an Acer logo) appear?

3) Are you getting any error messages?

Try unplugging your machine and removing the battery. Hold the Power Button down for sixty seconds, and try to restart it (This works 10% of the time).

If you still can't start it, repost with the answers to the first three questions and we'll see what we can do.

• paoldschool
    paoldschool Member Posts: 1 New User

I am having a similar problem.  I push the power button, the blue light comes on, as well as the blue light on the front of the computer, the fans comes on for a few seconds and that is it.  No acer start up screen, or anything, just a black screen.  Then after about 2 minutes the the blue lights go off.  I have tried to remove the battery and hold the power button, but that had no effect.  I have not been able to figure this out.

• rachelaspire
    rachelaspire Member Posts: 17 New User
    Hi, has this been resolved? I am having this problem and don't know what to do? Is there a customer service number ? I need help asap! Just bought this computer!
  • rachelaspire
    Wow, great just noticed this is from November......awesome guess my brand new computer is just shot....crying now....
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

hi...

You may contact Acer technical support in your region and they will help you resolve the issue Acer worldwide

• rachaelstrange
    rachaelstrange Member Posts: 1 New User

I have had this problem twice now. My system is working just fine. I power it down and take it to work or home. I get to my destination and plug in my system and i get NO lights of any kind. It will not power up at all. I get NOTHING. My laptop is all of a month old. I pull out my screwdriver and take off the bottom cover. I check connections etc. Everthing is tight and clean. BUT note that I have touched several metal components. Did I just ground out any stray charges? I don't know. But Now after doing nothing more then looking and touching I put the case back together. Turn if over and plug everythign back in again and NOW it powers up. 

The second time same thing only this time it gets to the Acer screen and nothing. I power off/on and try again. Acer screen. After 2 cycles of this I swap out the power block (19V @ 3.42A acer just like the original). After 2 more cycles I swap back to the original. I try #5 and i'm getting ready to power off again when I get the floting balls wait sign and I wait.... now up until now boot up on windows 8 has always been less then a minute. This time its taken like 6 minutes to boot up. NOTE It updated to 8.1 last thursday (I HATE auto updating! it is now turned off!).

So any ideas here? is this a static buildup issue? Is this a design issue? Power board or plug issue? What is the problem here Acer. I LOVE my 1st acer aspire 5210z until the screen died. So I buy the awesome new one and Smiley Sad 

ACER HELP!!!!

• Sumeenz
    Sumeenz Member Posts: 1 New User
    I cannot decrease the brightness of my acer v5-571 by fn + arrow button and from power management what shall I do?
  • rachelaspire
    Well, to everyone that has had this happen I will say what worked.
    I called the Acer customer service, who said I needed to discharge my battery. The charge was off, so I did a reset. They kept telling me it was not a software issue, it was a hardware issue. But every time my computer went to the dark screen/screensaver, it would be a black screen. When I turn it off and back on....black screen. Every time I want to use it, I have to reset battery. Keep calling the tech support, they keep telling me not a software problem. Hardware problem....well I started thinking how I just installed comodo, and Google comodo and windows 8.1 black screen....you will see for yourself. Do. Not. Install commodo! Once I uninstalled comodo and every single piece of crumb that came with it, my computer was back to normal, did not have this issue again. Learned a valuable lesson! There is a reason s free!
  • Vassallo01
    Vassallo01 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

Have tried all the suggested listed in this forum to try to turn on my laptop, however it still did not activate. Was there any other last suggestions? Or did you need to replace the battery or power supply?

Has anyone gotten to the bottom on why this occurs?

Thanks

• rachelaspire

hey did u do the pinhole reset? i used a thumbtack, and pushed it into the little hole on the underside of the computer, you have to try it a few times until you can feel it push down and "click".  it resets the battery - i cant remember if i did this with the computer turned on, or off- just kept fiddling with the button different ways, and eventually i got it to boot up- 

• rachelaspire

I held the power button down for 60 seconds at one point, i cant remember if it was before or after i pressed the pinhole, or while i pressed it-

• RukhsanaAhmed
    RukhsanaAhmed Member Posts: 2 New User

My acer apsire v5 laptop wouldnt turn on. A message came up saying it needs to update to 8.1 i clicked close, it came up a few times and i kept clickig close and all of a sudden it  turns off and starts updating it After updating it didnt turn on! it just went to a blank screen. I restarted it,after the acer logo it just went to a blank screen again. This has happened 2 other times before as well and am getting sick of it. its only been 4 months since i got this laptop. I always start to panick and eventually after a day i got it working.  WHY DOES IT DO THIS?

• RukhsanaAhmed
    RukhsanaAhmed Member Posts: 2 New User

My acer apsire v5 laptop wouldnt turn on. A message came up saying it needs to update to 8.1 i clicked close, it came up a few times and i kept clickig close and all of a sudden it  turns off and starts updating it After updating it didnt turn on! it just went to a blank screen. I restarted it,after the acer logo it just went to a blank screen again. This has happened 2 other times before as well and am getting sick of it. its only been 4 months since i got this laptop. I always start to panick and eventually after a day i got it working.  WHY DOES IT DO THIS?

• sheila2
    sheila2 Member Posts: 1 New User

blue power light comes on

splash screen comes on

AND it now boots up

Thanks a lot

Majic

• terywall
    terywall Member Posts: 1 New User

Did you ever get this sorted?  I have the same problem of a black screen.  The blue light stays on, it beeps slightly as it would do normally but nothing flickers on the screen - that remains black... I have tried plugging into a new screen but the actual laptop isn't working.  The fan stays on all throughout. 

Does anyone know how to fix this??