Acer Aspire V5 571-G / Battery won't charge

Options
XCloud92
XCloud92 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Good morning,
I've noticed a few days ago that the battery is recognized by the Notebook but it doesn't charge (it stays in "Not in charge"), and every time i insert it the orange led blink 3 times.
The battery is in perfect condition, i've used it rarely and it lasted 5-6 hours, as by Acer info.
Reading in various forums, many users claim that it may be a bios problem.
Can you help me?
Thank you for the help.

Best Regards

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options

What was the longest period, you haven't used the battery for?

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• XCloud92
    Options

I think 5-6 month, during this period i used the laptop only with the AC Adapter in my office.
    I've tried many solutions yesterday:
    1- Tried to uninstall and reinstall battery driver - Not working
    2- Press and hold for 60 seconds the power button without battery - Not working
    3- Format Windows 10 - Not working
    4- Format from Windows 10 to 8 (Factory default) - Not working

So it doesn't depend on the OS.
    I've also used cmd with "powercfg -energy", it says like (i don't have the report here now, but i remember indicatively):
    Design capacity 59996
    Full charge capacity 59560

This is what i've done until now.

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options

When not using the battery for very long time it harms the battery, especially if you have left it with little charge(like 5-10%). I don't if you have left the battery with this little charge during this 6months period, so my assumption may be wrong. It is very bad for the battery to be drained/discharged completely. Even while not connected to any appliance, the rechargeable battery discharges slowly, until it is drained completely and as I said it is harmful for the battery. 

This has  happened to me once, I was only using my laptop without a battery and after 8months or so, when I connected it to the laptop the laptop couldn't turn on, but after removing the battery it was fine(the battery was dead). 

It doesn't mean that your problem must be coming from the battery, it can also be an issue with your system not recognizing it. The only way to check is to buy another battery.

Someone from the community might be able to give a different solution. 

PS: If your product is still in warranty, you can contact Acer and send it for repairs.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• XCloud92
    Options

Sadly it's a concrete possibility, but it's strange that the battery is recognized from pc (plugged in, not charging).
    Sincerely I don't remember the level of charge of the battery, i was usually used to charge it during the night when it reached 0% but i cannot confirm it after 6 months.
    I buyed this pc 4 years ago, so i cannot send it. But i want to be absolutely sure that's a battery problem, before buying a new one.
    I thank you for the help.

• geniusacer
    geniusacer Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

Hey, Did you try to reset the bios?  You shoukd go to bios settings, press F9 and conficrm that you want to reset the setup defaults. THen press F10 to save configuration. see if it solves this issue.