Acer Aspire V5-552P-X617 Gets Extremely Hot To Touch And Shuts Off Randomly

harkerbd
harkerbd Member Posts: 2 New User

I own an Acer Aspire V5-552P-X617 and i do play some games on it. Most of the time it handles games such as: CS:GO, G-Mod, Rocket League, and Kerbal Space Program. The computer is about 2 years old and I have never really had a problem like this before about June of this year. The CPU takes on some load and I play the game for about a half hour and the fans spin up really fast. This then plateaus and the computer then clicks off. This has been happening a lot recently and the ambient temperature of the room is about 10 degrees farenheit.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Do you clean the air intake screen on the bottom and make sure the exaust is clear? If those are clean and  it is getting hot enough to shut down, it's probubly time to open it up, clean it out, and replace the thermal compound.

One place to check is between the fan and the heatsink. It can get clogged up in there and you can't see it by looking in the exaust.

Are you sure both fans are working?

download.jpg

• harkerbd
    harkerbd Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have been waiting a bit to see if it got fixed, and it doesn't look like it worked. It shut down again today after doing what you said.
  • philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

You opened it, untaped the fan and replaced the thermal coumpound on the processor?