Acer Aspire V5-552 won't turn on

Options
elian_2007
elian_2007 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello, I have an Acer V5-552 laptop, bought almost 2 years ago. It worked pretty nice until a few months, when I started noticing its cooler is a bit noisier than usual. I mean, as far as I've been using it, I've seen 2 stages, the first one, when the cooler spins slow and the second, when it starts spinning really fast. Well, for the past few months, almost every time, when I watched a youtube video, or something, it started the fast spin. I didn't gave it too many attention and I started watching the videos low quality. And now, the real problem: 

-Yesterday, I don't remember what happened, but I had to restart it. After that, I got an error, something like "critical process died". It got stuck there, so, eventually, I restarted it by long-pressing the power button. I turned it on again, and this time, it didn't turn on. I got some error notification, saying they are collecting data, and it will restart afterwards. Well, after restarting, the screen wouldn't turn on. It was like the screen was flickering, betwen the color it has when it's turned off and the color it has when I turn it on, right before the Acer logo appears. And it got stuck this way, continuos flickering, at about one second period. In the meantime, the cooler was spining at full speed. After waiting about 10 minutes, I turned it off again, long-pressing the power button. It turned on, I saw the Acer screen, and everything, but it was the same error, with the same restart and the same result. 

I'd also like to add that there were 2 times when I was able to enter Windows normally, without any trouble.

I tryed reinstalling it, but it would'n recongnise my USB flash drive. It was bootable, with Rufus.

Now, the problem is I am stuck with the screen flicker. No Acer logo, no Windows. When I turn it on, the cooler runs for a second. The screen flikers between the two blacks. Then it shuts down, due to the heating, I think.

I tryed pressing with a paper clip the reset battery button, with the charger dissconected,  with no effect at all.

I don't know what I could possibly do. I would send it back to warranty, but I can't, because, last year, it felt, in his bag, and it has something they will surely consider enough mechanical shock to void the warranty. I will give it a try, anyway, but if you could give me an alternative, I would be really grateful. 

The exact model name is  Acer V5-552-10576G50aii.

CPU: AMD A10-5757M

GPU: AMD Radeon 8650G

6GB RAM

Thank you.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

which windows OS version is installed?

have you tried to re-seat the ram modules?

if you press F2 at boot to enter BIOS, your screen still flickers?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • elian_2007
    elian_2007 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi, thanks for answering.

I have Windows 8.1 installed.

I can't access enter BIOS, because I can't see anything on the screen. It just flickers between the two blacks and turns off after about 10-20 seconds. 

I haven't touched anything from inside, because I was still hoping I could get the warranty and I though this would surely void it.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    That flicker is not good, can be a bad VGA cable or LCD panel.
    Honestly i would contact Acer support service or a computer shop if you are out of warranty.
    I'm not an Acer employee.