Acer Aspire V5-471PG Limited Connection

alex240101
alex240101 Member Posts: 8 New User

Hello everyone,

I have an Acer Aspire V5-471PG since 3 years and I have a running issue since several weeks now.

Every 20-60 minutes the Wifi is "limited" and I have to automatically repair the connection.

Usually the problem was "problem with access point or network card" or sometimes "no valid IP configuration" (in French so I do not know wether it is the good translation but that's the idea ;-) ) 

This is not the wifi connection since I encounter this problem with different wifi access points.

The network card is Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222

I already updated drivers from Acer support site but nothing has changed...

Would you have an idea on how to solve this issue? 

Thank you very much,

Alex.

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

Alex,

When I had that problem on a Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222 it was because I had an IPv6 problem on the main router. (Due to me tinkering with IPv6).

I reset the main wireless router to factory defaults and then reconfigured the main wireless router from scratch.  I power cycled the modem too.

When you said you had the problem on different Wifi access points, were they on the same network?  Or a different network?

Try connecting to a different network (if you haven't already).

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • alex240101

Thank you for the quick answer !

However, this problem appears on different networks...

Any idea?

• JordanB

Try connecting to your router/AP via a wired ethernet connection.  And then uninstall your wireless adapter.  After it uninstalls, restart your computer.

qualather.PNG

• alex240101

Hi,

I do not have an ethernet cable but I tried to uninstall the wireless adapter, restarted the computer and re-install it.

It did not change anything.

I also read that the bluetooth driver could cause the problem so I uninstalled it and it still does not work.

I re-installed drivers (both wireless and bluetooth) but the problem occurs again and I have now a bigger problem given that when I try to automatically solve the issue when the connection is limited, my computer does not find any issue and the connection is still limited.

Then I have to perform this automatic search several times to fix the issue or I have to reboot the computer when it does not work at all...

Please help me... ! 

• JordanB

Ok.

Here's what I would do....

1. I would back up my important personal files.

2. Then I would use the alt-F10 method to restore my PC to factory condition.  Watch the youtube video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvFRTfFGCgY

3.  Hopefully that will fix it.

4.  If it doesn't fix it, I would probably purchase a different wireless module.  They're pretty inexpensive.

• alex240101

Thank you for your answer !

I saw various posts on this forum explaining the same issue but nothing solved it... So I do not know if reset the computer would change anything...

Do you think that using a USB wireless adapter could solve it? When such addapter is used, it does not use the Atheros anymore?

Thanks !

• JordanB

I think you should reset your PC to factory condition before considering a hardware problem.  

• alex240101

Thanks, indeed I did something like that even if I did not reset everything, I installed a previous version of the driver (10.0.0.276 from 02-12-13).

No more limited connection since yesterday (with two different networks).

I will let you know if it happens again and maybe to find new solutions.

Thank you again and best regards,

Alex.

• JordanB

Good job.  I knew it would be something simple.  I always assume software problem first......and look at a hardware problem as a last resort.

• alex240101

**bleep**, it is happenning again... !

[word filter avoidance]

• alex240101

It is getting worse...

Each 5-10 minutes Google Chrome freezes and the connection is limited.

The system cannot automatically solve the issue anymore and I have to disconnect the connection, desactivate the WiFi, etc. again and again until the connection is coming back....

If you have any tip, I would appreciate :-)

Thanks.

• alex240101

I tried Alt+F10 but it did not work.

I assume that this is because it only works for Win 8.1 ? However the original OS was Win8 that was later updated to Win8.1

Any idea to reset to factory settings?

Thanks.

• JordanB

If you forgot to create a USB factory default recovery drive, you can order your factory recovery media from Acer.  If you're in USA, use the link below..  If not in USA call Acer to order you recovery software. 

https://store.acer.com/en-us/extended/recovery

http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

• JordanB

You can try one of the recovery options below to see if it helps before ordering your recovery media from Acer...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options