Acer Aspire V5-471G Can't enter BIOS

Tanush
Tanush Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I wanted to format my laptop, but I couldn't due to BIOS is not allowing access and after a CMOS hard reset, now my laptop is showing "Operating System not found" on startup. All the keys are useless to enter BIOS and my laptop is still stuck at "Operating System not found". Would the problem be fixed if I'd remove the CMOS battery and proceed with the process to enter BIOS or Windows ? Or any other effective solutions ? PS: My laptop couldn't enter BIOS even before the CMOS hard reset and I was able to boot into Windows like normal.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer

What was the factory-installed Windows version? Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Tanush

It was Windows 8.0 Single Language 64 bit and I've downdgraded it to Windows 7 Professional 32 bit without knowing the concequences.

• JackE

OK, first, what did you mean by "after a CMOS hard reset"? What procedure did you use to achieve this? Also, is the machine at least partly functional under Win7? Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Tanush
    I removed the CMOS battery and then put it back in order to reset the BIOS. And the Windows 7 was fully functional.
  • JackE

>>>I removed the CMOS battery and then put it back in order to reset the BIOS. And the Windows 7 was fully functional.  >>>

What do you think happened that made Win7 NOT functional? And how have you been trying to access the BIOS menu?  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Tanush
    Windows 7 was working just fine. I wanted to upgrade my laptop to Windows 8. Since I cannot enter BIOS, I couldn't install windows, so I did a CMOS reset and it didn't turn out well.
  • JackE

Where did you get the Win8 installation media to try to re-install Win8? Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ