Acer Aspire V5-471 Graphics Card Dissapeared

Options
Anti-Jock6
Anti-Jock6 Member Posts: 7 New User

Hi Guys

My graphics card has dissapeared from device manager, it seems to be disabled in the bios side but I can not get it to reset, Ive removed the cmos battery to no avail.This happened after I updated to 2.18. Does anybody know where I can get a bios with all unlocked menus?

PS. If you think I might have overlooked something I am open to suggestions.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

why do you think it's disappeared?

can you please post a screenshot of Device manager with display adapters tree expanded?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Anti-Jock6
    Options

Hi Sorry for only replying now, been a hectic week, thanks work trying to help, see the screenshot below.Desktop.jpg

• Anti-Jock6
    Options

As you can see in the screenshot above, there are no unknown devices either.

• IronFly
    Options

there's the Intel HD4000, this is your graphic card.

can you pleast post the first ten characters of Part number?

example NX.M1BSN.005

• Anti-Jock6
    Options

Hi, here is a link to my laptop. http://www.invadeit.co.th/product/notebooks-laptops/acer/aspire-v5-471g-53334g50mabb-blue-intel-core-i5-3337m-4gb-ddr3-500gb-geforce-gt710m-linux-p014108/.

Acer Aspire V5-471g-53334G50Mabb

I used to have a Nvidia entry there as well.

• IronFly
    Options

if you try to install nvidia drivers, do you get any error message?

have you checked on BIOS (press F2 at boot) if any new setting about graphic card is available?

on device manager, click on View tab and select "show hidden devices", then check again under display adapters.

• Anti-Jock6
    Options

Hi, It says "no compatible hardware found" when I try to install.

Nothing in Bios either. I tried removing the cmos battery as well as short out the bios reset connectors underneath the RAM, all three of them.G2201 resets passwords on bios level, G2101 is supposed to rest bios except passwords and G2701 is to power on laptop to test faulty power buttons or just restart it.

This is a brand new install of windows, there is nothing revealed by "show hidden devices" that are out of the ordinary.

I even tried to open admin cmd and type: "set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1" then "devmgmt.msc" in the same screen, when selecting show hidden devices it did show more devices, but no graphics driver. I am at my wits end.

• IronFly
    Options

yeah, no more ideas on my side too. Smiley Sad