Acer Aspire V5 122P keyboard not responding

mabaker66
mabaker66 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

please help. i have an acer aspire v5 122P. all of a sudden the keyboard has  or is not responding that is unless you hold the relevent key down for what seems like minutes certainly cant type normal speed.

Any help would be appreciated. rhe on screen keypad works fine but is not always practical.

Answers

• Kyler
    Kyler Member Posts: 66

Tinkerer

Is anything else on the computer running slow?

If you hook up a wired keyboard, does it work? If it does, your notebook keyboard may be bad.

You could always refresh windows to see if it helps. If it doesn't, it is probably broken and needs repair.

• Tchakas
    Tchakas Member Posts: 2 New User
    My Aspire V5-122P-0408 keyboard is not working. Touch screen keyboard and Physical keyboard are not working. I've tried to use external Keyboard, but the same thing.  I've done almost everything and even reinstall the Operating System, upgrade to WIN 10, still the same thing. When in BIOS it's working fine. Can you help with this issue.
  • Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Tchakas As keyboard works in BIOS and not in Windows, this is clearly due to driver issue. Driver is the interface for hardware component to Software (Windows). You can boot computer to Safemode. Then go to Device manager and there you should be having "unknown Device". Just remove that "unknown Device" and reboot computer. That should do the trick. 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful! :)
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• Tchakas
    Tchakas Member Posts: 2 New User
    Balatekie said:
    Tchakas As keyboard works in BIOS and not in Windows, this is clearly due to driver issue. Driver is the interface for hardware component to Software (Windows). You can boot computer to Safemode. Then go to Device manager and there you should be having "unknown Device". Just remove that "unknown Device" and reboot computer. That should do the trick. 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful! :)
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Hey Balatekie,

I've tried several times to access the safemode but the keyboard is not even responding. Do you have any other ways to fix this issue. The keyboard is not even responding anymore.

Thank you for your help.  

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Hi,
    Since you have reinstalled the OS. It looks like an hardware issue. tried to delete the driver and reinstall the drivers from the acer support site with your snid. follow the link below... if its not working still then contact the acer for a warranty support. 
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers.

Hit like and accept if its useful :)

Accept if its Helpful.   B)