Acer Aspire V3-772G fan cleaning and slow performance

TheANARXIST
TheANARXIST Member Posts: 4 New User

Good afternoon everyone.

I have done a bit of research in regards to something that annoyed me. My laptop in the very beginning used to run a lot better, (as in gaming) but now the performance is essentialy worse.

After a bit of searching, and trying many suggested methods (install a cleaner, clean registry, clear up 10% disk space of each disk drive, installing an anti-virus...etc) I came to a conclusion that the main culprit is probably the fan being clogged up with dust (although unfortunately I didn't note down the temperature readings before, but now for example when playing Just Cause 3 on the lowest possible settings, I notice that the laptop is hot), especially that I didn't clean it since I bought it 2 or 3 years ago.

So, for this long time, will simply using a can of compressed air on the vent work? Or will I have to actually get to the fan from inside? If I need too, can someone describe the procedure (with photos and videos preferably?)? 

Thank you all in advance.

Answers

• Elkino2003
    Elkino2003 Member Posts: 68 Troubleshooter

As far as I know, I have never come across that issue but what I know is that there are about few things which can cause machines to perform slowly

1. Low memory on the page file

2. Many start up programmes and services

3. A lot of icons on your desktop

4. Piled up temporary files

5. Piled up files in the recycling bin

6. Internet browsing history

7. Virus

Above all, the most option that can cause slow performance :

The page file virtual memory

The temperature of machines being too hot is normal.

I'm into database programming and most often I use my machine 10 hours a day.

Which was a very bad habbit.

Sometimes when programming, music too will be playing as well.

I'll advice that pls don't touch your fan because, you ought to do with care

Any physical damage will cost you.

Factors that may cause over heating

1. Games that run with high resolutions, VGA bigger capacity and memories

Examples, GTA, EA SPORTS, NEED FOR SPEEED, FIFA etc

2. Longer hours of running machines as well as charging is in progress

3. Running of many installed programmes

In the next post I'll show you some system management practices which you have to learn and apply often

• qbuisson97419
    qbuisson97419 Member Posts: 7 New User

Hello

I have the exact same computer, and THE thing to do is to clean it up, and by cleaning it up, I mean disassembling it entirely. But before doing it, make sure you have between 1hr and 2hrs free to make sure you take your time and don't forget any screws or part. Also, I recommend watching this video before and while disassembling ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuqV2_ISg9I ), putting apart screws from different parts (bottom case's here, motherboard's there, fan's overthere, etc), it will help you reassembling faster and easier.

Next, remover the colling system, take a brush and slightly brush the fan to remove dust. If you're confident enough, remove the black tape between the radiator and the fan, take out the fan case, and clean it up with a cotton bud sprayed with alcohol.

Next, remove the old thermal paste with a tissue or a cotton but, but only use alcohol as liquid to help, no water or anything else.

For thermal paste, I recommend Arctic Silver 5, applying just a LITTLE BIT (really, just a LITTLE) of thermal paste on GPU and CPU, just to make the link between the processors and the copper heatsink.

Reassemble and enjoy your brand new PC !

Also make sure every month or 2 month to clean the fan to void your PC overheating, using a can of compressed

Hope I helped