Acer Aspire V3 772G and Windows 10 Anniversary update boot loop

kenneth_ottesen
kenneth_ottesen Member Posts: 38 Devotee WiFi Icon

Hi there!

I've recently installed the Windows 10 Anniversary update on three Acer laptops.

On the two first laptops it installed just fine, but on the third laptop it did not. Now this laptop is stuck in boot loop. I'm unable to access Windows in any way, even in safe mode. I can access Bios though, but that is of course not unexpected.

Installation of the update worked on:
Acer Aspire V3 772G (My laptop)
Acer Aspire 5553G (My older laptop)

Did not work on:
Acer Aspire V3 772G (My mothers laptop)

Awaiting installation:
Acer Aspire 5553G (My sisters laptop)

Any suggestions?

Answers

• kenneth_ottesen
    kenneth_ottesen Member Posts: 38 Devotee WiFi Icon

Seems like Windows has corrupted the HDD. The recovery partitions were corrupted too.

Had to reformat the HDD, open command prompt within Windows installation startup, clean the HDD and format it to GPT instead of MBR as it claimed to be at the moment. Further then, the preinstalled windows is lost. No attempts to do a clean install works because Windows thinks that this is some other computer.

Now, I have to buy another Windows OS in order to fix this computer.

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew

Please check with your Acer support location for your region to inquire about obtaining recovery media. The recovery media will restore the system back to factory configurations, as it was out of the box. Here is a link: http://www.acer.com/worldwide/. Select your country then go to Support then Contact Us. Hope this helps.