Acer Aspire V3-772G-54208G50Makk weird display

tatoo
tatoo Member Posts: 1 New User

So I recently bought this very nice laptop, but the display is... I don't know, maybe it's broken or just very bad.

I don't have high standards when it comes to displays, but I haven't seen this in more than 10 years.

1.) The viewing angle is about 0. If I sit right in front of it and adjust the display so I look totaly straight it's "ok", everything else, like 2° to any side it's completely off. Colors are wrong immediatly as well as brightness and contrast. Like totaly off.

2.) Even in that 0° radius it literally hurts my eyes. It's hard to describe. The display is on one hand extremly bright, even if I reduce brightness with the Fn-Key to 30% it's like looking into a flashlight. On the other hand it lacks contrast very much. On 30% brightness black is grey, I can see the physical light a lot brighter in the corners, white and bright grey colors blend so they become almost invisible. It looks like contrast is only ok when I set brightness to 100%, which is blinding inside but still too dark outside (cause of point 3)

3.) Mirroring like crazy - I don't need another mirror, I got this display. As if it wasn't hard enough to find a position to be able reading this display cause of 1.) and 2.), the extreme reflexion also takes it's toll. Again, this is not only "it's kinda mirrorish",  it's beyond anything I've ever seen. You cannot possibly use it outside.

So I tried to adjust the display with the intel-hd tool, but I'm unable to improve the situation. Are there maybe software tools that can assist me "calibrating" this display?

I love acer laptops, they are the best on the market, gpu, cpu, cooling, ram, hd, everything is just perfect in this laptop, except for the display. Please help.

Thanks,

Mark.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

if you bought in a shop, i would go to the shop and check with seller if this is normal and compare it with another V3.

if you bought online, contact the seller and ask if he can switch your unit with another (same model)

I'm not an Acer employee.