Acer Aspire V3-731 (No Bootable Devices, Press Any Key)

Options
derpinomnomz
derpinomnomz Member Posts: 3 New User
Help!

Long story short I punched my laptop and a computer tech friend of mine helped fix the screen and keyboard. However when he returned to it, it kept saying "No bootable devices, press any key" when I asked him to fix it he refused saying he didn't do anything that it was when I punched it.

Now that I have been looking at it when I press F2 it takes me to my InsydeH20 setup utility Rev. 3.7.

I have no idea how to fix any of this and u don't know if I just need a new hard drive. I'm a car fixer not a computer one! Can someone please help I have no clue what to do!

Answers

• philetus
    Options

The fact that it boots to bios is a good sign. Go into bios and use the right arrow to move and look for Boot Mode.

If you are running 8.1 it should be UEFI, if it isn't, hit enter and use  the down or up arrow to change it and hit enter.

Hit F19 and enter and try booting. If you are running Windows 7 is is usually legacy. If this doesn't make it boot, you may have a damaged or not engaged properly hard drive.

Shut down, unplug, turn over and remove only the screws in the door.

Is the HDD secure wirh  both screws holding it?2016-09-04_2222.jpg

Take out the two screws, pull it back with the tab. Push it back in and replace the screws.

Try booting. If it still doesn't work, your HDD is probably damaged.