Acer Aspire V3-574G - Display issues

Apathetic
Apathetic Member Posts: 2 New User
Wondering if either, someone had any ideas, or if this has been encountered before but:
Decided to connect my laptop to our TV via HDMI and there were no issues there, however after I change the laptop lid settings to "Do Nothing" when I shut the lid and the device is plugged in, it seems as though the laptop completely loses any and all connection to the Built-in Monitor (ala the laptop screen). I can no longer change the output settings between: Duplicate, Extend or Show only on display *.
Going into the display settings seems to indicate that there device only registers the HDMI TV as a Graphical Output as there are no other options.
Device Manager "before" closing the lid shows to Generic monitors, however after I close the lid and re-open, it just shows the one, which considering the TV is the only thing displaying, I'd assume is that.

I have tried to flash the BIOS already and that didn't help, and I even went as far as Resetting the device (Keep Personal Files) and this did fox OT, however after I plugged the HDMI back in and closed the lid, it happened again (although this was what area realise that the issue only occurs when it was closed).

I hadn't changed any of the settings after that refresh, so it was essentially a Clean-Boot that the issue occurred on.

Any thoughts?

Answers

• Apathetic
    Apathetic Member Posts: 2 New User
    *Device Manager "before" closing the lid shows two Generic monitors