Acer Aspire V3 572G-543s touchpad problems

Options
miniroo
miniroo Member Posts: 1 New User

I just received this laptop today from Amazon and was happy to use it. However, when I turned it on and tried to get past the new user stuff (the stuff you fill out when you use the computer for the first time) I couldn't because of this awkward touchpad. I figured that since it had no buttons, you had to tap to click things, but no matter what I do, nothing works so now I can't even get past the new user stuff. Should I return this in to Amazon and get a replacement or am I doing something wrong. Thanks in advance!

*Again, I've never had a laptop with a buttonless touchpad, so any explanations on how it's supposed to be used would be nice.

Answers

• Coqui13
    Coqui13 ACE Posts: 2,215 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi miniroo,

I am guessing you have a precision touch pad on your laptop. Find more information here: http://community.acer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Changing-Windows-8-1-precision-touchpad-settings/ta-p/329207

If the information was helpful, remember to mark (Accept as Solution), and give a KUDO, this will help others with same problems to find the solution and solving their problem as well. Thanks! 

☑ No trabajo para Acer, soy voluntario.
    ☑ Para cerrar el tema, marque " aceptar como solución" la respuesta correcta que le fue de utilidad.
    ☑ Lo siento pero no se responde a preguntas de manera privada, debe abrir un nuevo tema en el lugar indicado del foro para que pueda recibir ayuda.

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2015-2019 ★★