Acer Aspire V3 571G Hinge + Panel Replacement

nan_123
nan_123 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hey there,

Recently, the right hinge of my laptop completely came off dragging, and snapping the front panel alongside this. I took it into a local repair shop and was told that the back panel would also need replacing as that was broken also, I was told this would cost me £100 to replace. I was just wondering if anyone had a rough idea if i sent in this to acer, what sort of price range I would be looking at for a replacement of the right hinge, front panel and rear panel. Obviously i know that these aren't going to be exact figures but i was just wondering if anyone had an idea over a rough prince range I would be looking at. I don't want to send £50 to send it in, only to be quoted a figure of £250 or so when i could get it done locally for £100. Thankyou for all your help.

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon

I would recommend contacting your Acer's technical support in your region because the cost of repair varies by region. When you contact them you may inquire about the price for repair.

• antonyconnect
    antonyconnect Member Posts: 1 New User

First of all, never buy Acer V3 laptop. It's made of cheap plastics. After buying Core-i7 V3 17'' laptop, its HD died in the 7th month. Its USB port stopped working in 3rd month. Its hinge loosened. I was with warranty, so they replaced HD. tightened the hinge. Just after the warranty is expired, the hinge just came off and broken. The wires are out. I called Acer, they denied anything. So buy an extended Warranty or never buy ACER!!!!