Acer Aspire V17 Nitro Black Edition VN7-791G-76Z8 Plugged in +FPS Unplugged -FPS

Options
Shoot2Kill
Shoot2Kill Member Posts: 2 New User

Whenver I play CSGO I have to plug in my laptop in order to get high fps. When it is plugged in I usually get around 150-200fps. I feel that I am not getting the most out of my money, because as soon as I unplug my laptop, in-game my fps drops down to 30 fps flat and stays there.

I have searched around google and most people lead to tell me to change the battery options to high performance, but I believe when I change the option it only applys to my intergrated graphics card. I do not think it is recognizing my Nvidia GeForce GTX 960m.

So, if you have any advice it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Best Answer

• Hemingway60
    Hemingway60 Member Posts: 19

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options

Hi,

I'm not sure if this will help but here goes nothing. Go to NVIDIA's Geforce Experience program and under the Preferences Tab, you'll find a BatteryBoost on the left side. Either enable it and set the slidebar all the way to the right or disable it to keep the card running at full lvls. This is just a speculation but give it a try.

Answers

• Hemingway60
    Hemingway60 Member Posts: 19

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options

Hi,

I'm not sure if this will help but here goes nothing. Go to NVIDIA's Geforce Experience program and under the Preferences Tab, you'll find a BatteryBoost on the left side. Either enable it and set the slidebar all the way to the right or disable it to keep the card running at full lvls. This is just a speculation but give it a try.

• Shoot2Kill
    Shoot2Kill Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks a bunch! That actually helped a whole lot. I am now getting around 130 fps in-game!