Acer Aspire V15 not charging

Ck9mum
Ck9mum Member Posts: 2 New User

I've got a fairly new Acer Aspire V15 (I think I've had it a month). It is no longer charging at all. 

A few days ago it seemed the charger connection may have been loose - it was charging intermittently - I could wiggle it and find a spot where it would charge. Today it seems that there is no longer a connection when I plug in the charger.

I read somewhere to take out the battery to see if the laptop would run solely on the charger, but it doesn't look like the battery can be taken out.

Anyone have any recommendations for me? 

Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

It's going to need a new charging port. If it is wiggling, it has broken loose from the motherboard.Usually that is caused by someone tripping over the cord or hitting the plug against something. Unless you can do it, you should check it in for warranty repair.

http://customercare.acer.com/customercare/Default.aspx

• Ck9mum
    Ck9mum Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks - I agree it needs a new charging port. I took it back to Best Buy yesterday and they said the same thing so it's been sent back for repairs (under warranty).

I can't imagine I banged it to cause damage since the only time it's ever plugged in is while it's sitting on my desk. Anyway, hopefully I won't be without it long as I do like the computer.

• It could have had a bad solder and didn't take much to break it loose. Glad you're getting it fixed.