Acer Aspire V15 V3-575-50TD Ram Upgrade

NChaza
NChaza Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

Greetings, i just bought a laptop named in the subject. 

The stock RAM according to CPU-Z is ACR16D3LS1KNG/4G.

RAM_Acer.jpg

I tried with RAM Module Kingston KVR16S11/8 (1.5V) and did NOT work.

I want to know what kind of ram can i use as an upgrade.

I also want to know if the voltage is the only problem here, or should be another conflict.

My upgrade should be: 

Slot1: 8GB (new)

Slot2: 4Gb (stock)

Total: 12 GB.

Thanks.

Best Answer

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Hi,

No, it will not work. DDR3 will not work at 1.35V and your notebook will supply just 1.35V. You need DDR3L.

And according to crucial, your notebook can handle up to 16 GB of RAM, so a 4 GB with an 8 GB stick should be fine.  But both should be DDR3L

Answers

• sharky25k

Hi,

Of course it will not work...

Did you check the last line from your screenshot? 1.35V vs 1.5V?

You have DDR3L memory so you will need memory which works at 1.35V not at 1.5V as you bought.

• NChaza
    NChaza Member Posts: 2 New User

I understand that, that's why i wrote "is voltaje the only problem here?"
    Either way, can i use 2 sticks @ 1.5v? Or my mother is limited to 1.35 and i have to ONLY use 1.35 either 1 or 2 sticks?
    Also my question is, can i use 1 stick of 4gb and the other of 8gb or do they have to be same size as well?
    Thanks for the reply.

• sharky25k
    Answer ✓

Hi,

No, it will not work. DDR3 will not work at 1.35V and your notebook will supply just 1.35V. You need DDR3L.

And according to crucial, your notebook can handle up to 16 GB of RAM, so a 4 GB with an 8 GB stick should be fine.  But both should be DDR3L

• arimapatch
    arimapatch Member Posts: 2 New User
    Are there any other specs I should be concerned about when purchasing DDR3L memory?  Are pin connections, size, latency standard?
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Are there any other specs I should be concerned about when purchasing DDR3L memory?  Are pin connections, size, latency standard?

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited December 2019
    Although mismatched RAM size often works ok it can cause problems and is not officially supported by Acer. It is also inefficient, 4 x 8gb will only operate in Dual Channel for the 4 x 4gb matching and the remaining 4gb will be Single Channel. Considering the low cost of memory at the moment it would be better to make a gift of your current 4gb RAM to a worthy cause and install 8 x 8gb for 16gb total. This configuration will run in Dual Channel and will match each other perfectly so you won't have to worry about CL and Rank 
    Link below is to 8 x 8gb from Crucial for your exact model and they guarantee compatibility, I write down the part number and buy it from Amazon, it's cheaper and faster delivery https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/aspire-v3-575-50td/CT7943179

Please click YES if I have answered your question

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★