Acer Aspire V15 Nitro replace HDD to SSD

chin
chin Member Posts: 3 New User

I bought this laptop in March 2015. This laptop come with 1TB HDD.

I wanted to replace HDD to SSD but I called service center (Highpoint Service), Acer technician told me that there is no way to replace with SSD because the port is different, no matter what SSD also can't compatible with this laptop's HDD port.

This make me very confuse because I search around google, replace with SSD is totally possible. 

So I am here to ask for advise. Hope can get an answer. Thank you.

Edited: 

My laptop model: Acer Aspire V15 Nitro Black Edition (VN7-591G)

- Core i7 4710Q

- 12GB DDR3 RAM

- 1TB HDD

- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

you have 2 options on your laptop:

1) switch the 1TB HDD to an SSD

2) add a SSD on M2 factory form on its slot (top left side, near the fan), so you can have both HDD and SSD installed

about the second option, other users did it and sometimes they had some issues on saving the SSD as first bootable device (or window boot manager), since the BIOS tries to boot from SATA port.

you can force it, pressing F12 at boot and selecting the proper boot device.

it's up to you.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly

what's you V15 exact model?

VN7-xxx

• chin

Here is my model:

VN7-591G

- Core i7 4710Q

- 12GB DDR3 RAM

- 1TB HDD

- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M

Man Happy

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

you have 2 options on your laptop:

1) switch the 1TB HDD to an SSD

2) add a SSD on M2 factory form on its slot (top left side, near the fan), so you can have both HDD and SSD installed

about the second option, other users did it and sometimes they had some issues on saving the SSD as first bootable device (or window boot manager), since the BIOS tries to boot from SATA port.

you can force it, pressing F12 at boot and selecting the proper boot device.

it's up to you.

• chin

I am not sure this laptop in my country is same as your or not.

My country is Malaysia, sometime the same model of laptop but when it come to Malaysia, it will have different specs. 

That's why I called to our Acer service center to ask, and their answer is NO, I can't do that. Smiley Sad

• IronFly
    I don't have your model but you can check around the web and you will find the same things i told you.

You can have a look at your laptop and check it yourself, you need to unscrew the bottom screws and lift the keyboard.