Acer Aspire V15 Nitro VN7-591G Charging intermittently

kuroi_inazuma
kuroi_inazuma Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

OK ive posted about this a couple times but that was when i didnt have a clear picture of the problem.

Last week my computer was fine, i use it for gaming so i have it plugged in while playing and disconnected while not using it, sometimes i just need to use the browser so i dont plug  it in. Just a couple days ago i noticed my computer making beeping sounds whenever i started playing a game, didnt think of it as much of a problem. A couple days after i notice its doing it more often while i play, keyboard backlight keeps going on and off and the screen dimiming and getting bright following the same pattern as the beeping.

I start doing some research and nothing, i unplug all devices and still. I unplug the charging cable and it does the beeping and it ends there. Now i know the beeping has to do with the charging turning on and off for some reason. The next day i am just browsing and the beeping starts happening when im just using chrome.

This became a problem since my laptop was bassically not charging while im using it, so i decided to check if it charges while off or in sleep mode. Which it does, this makes me think the computer decides to stop charging and charge whenever the hell it wants because of some problems while anything is running while the computer is on.

Since my computer is out of warranty i tried to get assistance from AnswersByAcer, the guy helping me decides to ask for remote connection which i let him, and he calls me to assist me better. He then starts downloding like three files of each program to check my computer status(programs from the acer site). I didnt mind him installing these programs, but he installed 3 of each for some reason, then he ends up telling me that he cant really do anything, and that he will transfer me to another technician above him, but since my warranty is over and i only have the one time tech assistance by him i have to purchase another tech warranty minimum i have to pay is $70 for a one time call? That might not fix it since it might be hardware related, i said i didnt want to pay for anything and the guy just hanged up without thinking twice, not even, "is there anything else i can assist you with?" or "go try the disccusion forums" or nothing.

This computer has given me more problems then i can count and when i actually need help with some hardware problems im expected to pay $70 for a one time call? 

wow, so im seeing if anyone in the community has had this problem and is able to give me any probable solutions to this problem. Thanks in advamced.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

I would try another Power supply first. If you have a friend, relative with a same spec power supply or take it to a local computer shop and ask them to try one and see if it still acts up. 

• urbandingo
    urbandingo Member Posts: 2 New User

I am having the same exact problem. Did you find a solution?

• Guidi
    Guidi Member Posts: 3 New User
    Same problem here. It is under warranty still and I have sent it two times to an acer technician in the last month. Both times they replaced the motherboard. It keeps happening and I am starting to lose it honestly.
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    edited December 2017
    Guidi said:
    Same problem here. It is under warranty still and I have sent it two times to an acer technician in the last month. Both times they replaced the motherboard. It keeps happening and I am starting to lose it honestly.
    Hi,
    This may or may not work but worth a try, try loosening the screws( yellow circle) one by one, not too much, turn a little. make sure all the other screws are hand tight. 

• Guidi
    Hello. Thank you for the advice. Unfortunately that did not work though. Mine is an Aspire VN7 793G by the way (forgot to mention although I am not sure if that even matters anyway). Also it is worth mentioning that mine does not charge at all :( (at first it was having trouble to charge when ON, but now it has become totally useless) 
  • Guidi said:
    Hello. Thank you for the advice. Unfortunately that did not work though. Mine is an Aspire VN7 793G by the way (forgot to mention although I am not sure if that even matters anyway). Also it is worth mentioning that mine does not charge at all :( (at first it was having trouble to charge when ON, but now it has become totally useless) 
    Hi,
    Have you got the charger and the battery checked? If not, try checking them with a local repair shop.
  • Guidi
    Hey, thank you for the support. I took it for the third time to the Acer official repair shop and, once again, they want to replace the motherboard. It will be the 4th mb in 2 months of life of this laptop. I have completely lost all trust in this product tbh :(
  • Guidi said:
    Hey, thank you for the support. I took it for the third time to the Acer official repair shop and, once again, they want to replace the motherboard. It will be the 4th mb in 2 months of life of this laptop. I have completely lost all trust in this product tbh :(
    No problem, I'm sorry that you have been having this problem, hope the latest MB will resolve your problem.