Acer Aspire V15 Nitro Black Edition: Replacement Battery

Options
ecnivseyer
ecnivseyer Member Posts: 1 New User

So the Acer Aspire V15 Nitro B.E. can be (almost) fully disassembled (which is good):

http://www.myfixguide.com/manual/acer-aspire-v-nitro-vn7-591g-disassembly/

So I'm just being a curious and concerned owner, that's all, so here goes:

Question 1: Can you still run the laptop (Acer Aspire V15 Nitro B.E.) when the battery is removed (e.g. powered via AC adapter without the battery inside the laptop enclosure) ? Just like those laptops sold in the past where you can still power up the laptop without the battery attached, so long as you plug in its AC wall adapter. I'm just used in the past when we had our first Acer Aspire laptop being used FOR MANY HOURS just using the AC adapter plugged in and the battery removed, without worrying about the battery being damaged from overcharging.

Question 2: Though we all know that it's becoming a trend that laptops nowadays have their batteries already built-in *booo* (unlike those oh-so-good laptops sold in the past which you can, by choice, just easily remove the battery from underneath and back of the laptop), I'm wondering if THERE IS ANY AVAILABLE  replacement battery specific for this model that I can order for my V15 Nitro in case it might prematurely not hold a good charge in the near future. I did try to check Acer's battery catalog and the website only showed those obviously removable replacement batteries from the olden aspire models (also some new aspire models that you can still easily remove their batteries underneath the laptop).

I hope I hear from you (Acer) as soon as possible. Thanks and Cheers!

P.S.

I do (95% of the time) plug in the AC wall adapter most of the time. I don't really fancy the meager battery life of this laptop model so I don't bother using power from the charged battery, especially in gaming (although low battery life is to be expected from a quad-core i7 variant, plus a dedicated graphics card does eat up power when gaming).

Answers