Acer Aspire V Nitro shutdown - black screen

KyloRey
KyloRey Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
My Acer Aspire is about 18 months old and I am encountering a problem for a few days now that had never happened before. Usually what happens is I'm playing a game and if I want to make a change in the screen resolution or if I do ctrl+alt+suppr the screen turns black and nothing works. The mouse pointer doesn't appear, the keyboard doesn't answer and my only solution is to force it off by pressing the power button for a few seconds and to turn it back on.
I thought it was due to hard drive used at 100% but it seems not, and I really have no idea what it could be. The thing is I've noticed several problems of screen freezing and laptop being slower than usual right after I had installed Windows 10 (about 3 weeks ago). Could this be related?
I really need help, please this laptop was already 1000$ I'm not buying a new one so soon.

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your Acer Nitro. Usually when issues like lock ups and slow performance occur it is due to software problems, based on the info provided. The best way to troubleshoot something like this is to back up your data, run the recovery to restore the system back to factory configurations. Test the system and if the issues are not occuring after the restore, chances are it was a software issue. If this does not resolve the issue, we recommend you contact Acer support for your region/country for further assistance.

• sarahsue
    sarahsue Member Posts: 1 New User
    My Acer Aspire One Cloudbook 11 is past its warranty, & it constantly goes to 'black screen'/shuts down, so I went on Acer Support to connect with Acer's official servicer, AnswersBy.com. Paid to have them supposedly clean up, delete files to find more memory space & fix the 'black screen' problems, etc. They said it was fixed, BUT when I went back onto my Cloudbook, within minutes, it again went to 'black screen' & shut down on me.  Checked the memory/storage & it was still up around 29.4 GB used out of 29.1, so they didn't fix a thing.  Now I've been trying to get ahold of them & their web page/system says that no technicians are available, & this has gone on for days...& to stop any further monthly charges by cancelling, they're going to charge me another $20 to cancel! Anyone else have a solution to these problems, or know how to really honestly fix this? There seems to be a lot of complaints about AnswersBy.com & Acer should 'hear' about their shoddy (possibly fraudulent) services....plus it looks like 'black screen' problems with Acer computers is a problem Acer should fix, as there are so many asking what to do about their 'putters with 'black screen' problems.