Acer Aspire V-Nitro VN7-791G Issue

reiki2
reiki2 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi

Just recieved my Acer Aspire V-Nitro VN7-791G -i7 - nvidia 960m with windows 8.1 installed with an option to upgrade to windows 10, which I did.

Now the problem starts ... everthing has a lime green background this includes, web sites, youtube videos, edge etc

I have upgraded both the intel and nvidia graphic card drivers and still cant sort it.

Anyone know how to resolve this one?

Thanks Malc

Answers

• Bozzy
    Bozzy Member Posts: 44

Tinkerer

Hi there!

If you go into the BIOS or the boot menu (F-keys at the Acer Logo) is there a green tinge to those screens too?

The reason I ask is that's a low level usage, and has nothing to do with any of the windows drivers etc.

If there is a green tinge to them, that would indicate a hardware fault and it's coincidental to the WIN10 upgrade and will need to be picked up by ACER and repaired.

If that's fine, we need to dig deeper into Windows.

On a side note, if it's windows screens it's usually being drawn by the Intel (2D) side of things, and there are advanced options to change the colours, hues and saturates. Might be worth having a look at them.

• reiki2
    reiki2 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi

Yes there is a green tinge on the bios screens, so I guess I need to contact Aser on this one.

Been waiting all day for the techy from the company a bought it from to contact me.

Thanks for you help