Acer Aspire V 15 V3-575G-52GY touchpad not working

darky03
darky03 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Synaptics Driver v 19.0.7.34 doesn't work at all

Elantech works only if touchpad in bios was set to [Basic] and it works very basic T_T

- no gestures

- no multi-touch

here's a screenshot, I'm using a gaming mouse in order to use the laptop, exactly 1 year old

Screenshot_5.pngScreenshot_6.png

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer

Hi,

Your laptop has Precision touchpad which works with Elantech driver, so it won't work with Synaptics driver, go to BIOS and switch to Basic mode, download the Elatech driver and install.

Now, switch back to Advanced mode in BIOS for Touchpad.

Go to Start, click the wheel for Settings, Divices, select Touchpad from left pane and adjust settings.

Capture.JPG

• darky03

it did work using the Elantech driver with [Basic] mode in BIOS for touchpad... and there's no gestures

but when I switched it to [Advanced] after installing the elantech driver... this is what happens

Screenshot_9.pngScreenshot_10.png

btw, this occured after the local acer service center returned it to me... they said, "the main board was replaced"..

I wonder if the touchpad has been replaced too, I remember, it was a synaptics touchpad before, with gestures and things.. I can't return it to them now, it's exactly 1 year and a day, so it's out of warranty already.. Smiley Sad

• brummyfan2

Hi,

Could you please go to Acer Driver download site and download the version 13.6.3.1 from here:https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/6342?b=1

Go to BIOS switch to Basic mode and install this driver after uninstalling any previous driver, then try Advanced mode, this may be an old driver but it might work.

Driver version 15.6.3.3 may be not compatible with your laptop model.

• darky03

- touchpad:[basic] touchpad is working BASICally

- uninstalled old driver

- restarted

- windows update disabled (so windows wont update the older version of the driver)

- restarted

- installed the old version of elantech driver 

- restarted

- checked the driver, it's the older version, was not updated by windows (touchpad still working, basic)

- restart and switched to touchpad:[advanced] in BIOS -- touchpad stopped working

* I2C HID device error again, "code 10" it says

T_T

• brummyfan2

Hi,

OK, try this,  install the Elatech driver for HID compliant mouse under Mice and other Pointing devices, uninstall I2C HID device driver under Human Interface Devices, reboot and see whether Windows install the driver for I2C HID Device.

• darky03

still didn't work sir... 

I2C HID device is always there when switching to advanced... 

is it possible that the service center replaced my laptop's touchpad without my knowledge?

i bought 2 of it at the same time, and the other one has a synaptics touchpad 

this is very saddening T_T

• brummyfan2

Hi,

Very sorry to hear your problem, you could try explaining to the Acer Service centre and they might put it right, if it's out of warranrty, get it checked by an authorised local repair shop.