Acer Aspire Nitro vn7-792g V17 black edition cpu issue

Options
hulen15
hulen15 Member Posts: 18 New User

hello, i have an issue with cpu temperatures, i bought the laptop 1 month ago, it was fine from the beginning and temperatures were also fine, now my cpu temps are very high almost in every games, in a second its 75-80 then jumps to 90-95c, then again goes back, before that it was fine gpu was 70-80 and cpu too it was both on the same temps no jumps or anything, i reseted pc yesterday i didn't do full reset but i keeped my two games, gpu temp is always froze on 60c, but the cpu temps are always active, i think that it uses most of the cpu instead of gpu, i don't know maybe there is an issue with that windows 10 1511 update where there was skylake cpus improvenet (speed shift), when idle it's not a problem but only in games, also my disk is always 100% no matter what im idle or installing or etc, most of the disk load is malware service unexecutable and windows compressed memory i'm just afraid to not damage my cpu and will laptop turn off automatically if its danger?, thanks

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

Our notebooks are designed to shut down if the internal components reach an unsafe temperature. 90 degrees is withing operating range, especially when gaming. I have been informed that there may be a BIOS update released later in February that will incorporate new CPUID codes. I do not know if this will change anything about what you are reporting, but you may try loading an updated BIOS if one becomes available.

• hulen15
    Options

well as i know i can't revert bios version so i won't risk updating it might cause more issues, my temps are not always 90-95, they jump every 0,5 second 80-88, then 90-93 then goes to 75 and just liek that

• hulen15
    Options

and does the coolboost technology really works?

• Blayn-Acer
    Options

Yes, coolboost does work to help reduce temps. From your description of your issue, I would say the computer is operating within normal ranges.

• hulen15
    Options

well i reseted pc and it's now very quiet even on 20-30% cpu load, as people say acer uses only 60% speed of fans, can i make it to 100% in games?

• Blayn-Acer
    Options

Coolboost should increase your fan speed. Launch Acer Quick Access and enable coolboost.

• hulen15
    Options
    it does but i have seen other laptops processors load on 50-60% and their temps are 70-80c, but mine gets overheat really fast on 50% load 80-90 but i don't know if it depends on game, and i didn't expect dell had better cooling than acer