ASPIRE VN7-791G FPS problem

Options
aleksJEBEMISE
aleksJEBEMISE Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello, 

I have acer aspire VN7-791G and Windows 10. I'm playing COD4: modern warfare, but i can't get FPS to 250(it's always around 180-220). Please help me, I think that this laptop should be strong enough. There's must be something that i have overlooked...

Thank you.

Answers

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi,

The only suggestion is to check if your notebook runs into thermal issues, like thermal throttling. If yes, changing of the thermal paste could help to improve performance. A more simple solution? Reduce the graphic settings from the game settingsSmiley Tongue

Also, why you want 250 FPS? Since you have a build in display at max 60 Hz (aka 60 FPS). No matter if your graphics card is able to pump out 200 or 1000 FPS you will not see any improvement, contrarly you will have issues with screen tearing, thus you will need to enable Vsync.  Unless you use a 300 FPS monitor (i know just about 144 Hz) it is completely useless, visually speaking.

• aleksJEBEMISE
    Options

i play multiplayer and i'm not going for visual change but for ingame performance change. with 250 fps you can access certain areas of maps with special jumps and things like that that are almost imposibble with 125 fps and not possible with less.

i reduced game settings and made some changes in nvidia control panel and also made some changes in game console (like turning of shadows and similar)

how can i check if my notebook runs into thermal issues? that i didnt try.

• sharky25k
    Options

Hi,

For CPU you can use intel XTU.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24075/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU-

This will tell you if the system is throttling or not (just for the CPU). However, don't ajust the sliders at random in XTU, especially if you have no clue what are you doing, since you can easily fry your computer.

For GPU I am not sure. You can try GPU-z to see the temperature and the operating frequency under game load.

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

But this will not tell you if the GPU is throttling or not, as XTU does for the CPU.

You will need to know your core and turbo frequency of your video card and see if under certain conditions the frequency gets below these values.

Usually the CPU starts to throttle above 95 C and the GPU I think is somewhere above 80 C but I am not sure.

• aleksJEBEMISE
    Options

first.JPG

drugi.JPG

treci.jpg

ok, i took these 3 pictures while i was playing for about 10-15 min. can you tell anything from them?

(just open third one in a new tab)

• sharky25k
    Options

Hi,

For me from the information above it looks like nothing is throttling. The CPU is not used intensively, as you can see during the gaming and the GPU has the minimum frequency of 1097 MHZ, which is actually the base frequency of the GPU without boost. So it cannot handle so high FPS for that game, or at least it's not a thermal issue.

• aleksJEBEMISE
    Options

ok thanks...

anyone else? can somebody figure it out where is the problem?