ASPIRE VN7 - 592g , Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) Audio Controller Driver issues.

Pierre87
Pierre87 Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi ,

Till 2 days ago I have been struggling with the onboard Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) Audio Controller.

This device will just stop working . I see a red cross down below in the right hand corner , also in Device manager it shows windows stoped the device due to it reporting errors .

I have managed to fix this through shuting down the system and removing any other sound cards ( external , as I record music ) but even then every couple of hours or so I get a blue screen with my laptop restarting and the problem resurfacing again .

I have a fresh copy of windows installed and all my drivers are up to date from the Acer website , I even did the Bios updates.

Please advise , This is a serious driver compatiblitly issue with Windows 10 , that would be my best bet , my first instinct was that I had a hardware problem , but I Noticed im not the only user on these furoms with the exact same issue

Regards

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Windows 10 does have some serious driver compatiblitly issues. Have you updated the bios to the newest?

• Pierre87
    Pierre87 Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi Philetus ,

As mentiond in post , I am fully updated , running a fresh copy of Windows and all BIOS updates are on the latest version.

Regards

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Yes, you did. Not always the best reading comprehension.