ASPIRE V5-571P touch screen replacement ?

FREESTYLER
FREESTYLER Member Posts: 3 New User
Hello everybody , first time posting here but I've been a regular guest for a long time . This forum has been of great help ! I have searched through the forum for an answer but the information became conflicting and confusing so I thought I would ask here .

The screen on my ASPIRE V5-571P-6604 is cracked . There's a straight 3 inch diagonal gash on it just as if someone sliced it with a knife . I'm still able to see everything on the screen but the touch function is lost so I need to replace it . I've looked online but I don't know exactly which parts I need . There are advertisements for the screen and then the digitizer and then the bezel and then possibly other stuff . Can someone please tell me what exactly do I need to purchase to replace that screen so that the crack is gone and the touch function is restored ?

Again everything else on the laptop is functional and intact except the crack on the screen glass and the resulting loss of the touch functionality . Thank you in advance !

Best Answer

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Aside from the crack, does the screen look different around the crack or is it clear and readable up to the crack on both sides?

• FREESTYLER
    Hi philetus and thank you for the reply . No the screen looks fine around the crack . I don't see any of the usual "liquid" effect that I've seen before on cracked screens . However the crack is chipping . There are small chips falling off now and obviously you can't see anything on the screen where they've fallen off from . I put some clear tape over the crack for now to stop any further chipping .
  • philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

You may only need to replace the Touch digitizer if the screen is undamaged. It is glass in front of the display.

See the third item down here

http://www.screencountry.com/index.php?section=products&model=ASPIRE%20V5-571P-6604&brand=Acer

The manual doesn't show how to do that though.

It might be a lot easier to just buy the complete *****'y.

• FREESTYLER
    Hello Philetus , yes I think that looks exactly like the part that I would need . I will look online for instructions that explain how to replace the digitizer and if it turns out that it's something way beyond my skills then I'll just heed your advice and purchase the whole assembly since it should be much easier to install . Thank you once again for your assistance .