ACER v3-571G BIOS problem !!!

Options
IrvinDgl
IrvinDgl Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello Acer Smiley Happy First of all, my English is bad. I have a notebook ACER v3-571G with i5-3210M 2,5 GHz and GT 640M + 8GB RAM and I'm very disssapointed with my notebook.

ACER with 2.21 bios is the worst bios what I've ever seen. Notebook has 85-95 C with this bios and it shutdowns itself in game, in surfing, no matter what just random shutdowns.

There is no option in this ridiculous BIOS I can't set fan speed and I can't turn off HDD or disable it and I can't boot USB because notebook doesn't react on F2 at startup only when I restart but then it can not realize there is USB in slot.

1. Disk is at 100% usage first 2-4 mins.

2. Very unstable notebook with very bad BIOS from ACER and I had to flash BIOS from random guy and notebook is 1000x better as with bios from ACER! 

3. Battery doesn't work with BIOS from ACER but it works with modded BIOS.

4. I've paid 250 EUR for new motherboard because notebook turned off and didn't start again. So service said it was "the unknown liquid" at motherboard. 

So, now with new motherboard after 3 months it's broken again and it randomly shutdowns itself. It's not for OVERHEATING because it shutdowns when I open chrome/game/video or something. 

What can I do? I really don't want to send notebook to service because they will again tell me it's my fault because they don't know repair it or accept my warranty.

Is this normal for 680EUR+250 with new mothetboard? I thought Acer is a solid company comparing to HP/ASUS but I made a huge mistake. 

THANKS FOR FAST REPLY !! Smiley Happy 

Best Answer

• hivonzooo
    hivonzooo Member Posts: 16 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thats what I was saying, disable Fast Startup and you can acces BIOS everytime u want. With this option enabled Windows does not perform complete shutdown, just a mix between hibernation and shutdown. Here is explanation of this process and how to disable this - http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/6320-fast-startup-turn-off-windows-8-a.html After that you should be able to acces BIOS even when you turn off your laptop. This is normal with Windows 8, and keep in mind after that system will boot up few seconds longer.

Also I think you should check your HDD because it can be damaged, download CrystalDiskInfo and check it. If so, try checking it for errors like here http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/check-your-hard-disk-for-errors If it was caused by bad sectors Windows should get rid of it.

I'm not sure what is causing overheating, I've got 2.21 BIOS and no problems whatsoever.

Answers

• hivonzooo
    Options

First of all u can't acces bios if you won't restart a notebook or do a shutdown. I think you've got Windows 8, and it's got Fast Boot turned by default and thats why u cant acces the bios settings. You should at least check what people saying on the internet.

What is causing that 100% disk usage? I've got that problem too after fresh Windows installation and it is caused by some Windows services that want to complete configuring itself. It's should stop after few hours. The worst thing you've done was flashing your bios, because you have lost your guarantee. You should check what you've got running at startup and turn off some unnecesary programs like steam or utorrent, they can too cause 100% disk usage at boot.

You said laptop is not overheating, but 85-90 C is really high, my V3-571g with i5 3230m never goes higher then 85 C even when i play very demanding games like BF4. Sometimes it will spike to 87, but just in few games after long play, and fans immidiatelly cools CPU down to 85 C. Set your power plan to Battery Saving and check if it occurs again. It can be caused by wrong installed GPU drivers, so the nVidia will always work in the background causing higher temps.

• IrvinDgl
    Options

1. I can acces bios only if i restart notebook but when i turn it off and start again i cant acces bios or boot menu. it is not reacting and i need acces him from startup not from restart because it cant detect USB.

2: i have windows 8.1 not fresh installation and every turn on notebook its like 2-3 min 90-100% always some services or something so i have to wait and then i can use notebook. But sometimes when i turn it on he is ready for 15-20 second and 0% disk usage. 

3. The point is my notebook reaches 90-95 C only with bios from ACER original site. With other bios its max 85 C like yours. And everything is installed, good latest drivers. 

4: i have disbaled every program at startup with msconfig so this is ok 

5. And i can flash bios easy and i have now ORIGINAL bios from ACER site 

6. And honestly a lot of people blame bios from ACER cause high voltage setting and this why notebook was OVERHEATING. 

And comparing to my second notebook lenovo for 300 euro with same game and same settings its like 20 C difference. Its scary, better/expnesive notebook with very bad cooling and we all know acer cooling is one from WORST in notebooks.

• hivonzooo
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thats what I was saying, disable Fast Startup and you can acces BIOS everytime u want. With this option enabled Windows does not perform complete shutdown, just a mix between hibernation and shutdown. Here is explanation of this process and how to disable this - http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/6320-fast-startup-turn-off-windows-8-a.html After that you should be able to acces BIOS even when you turn off your laptop. This is normal with Windows 8, and keep in mind after that system will boot up few seconds longer.

Also I think you should check your HDD because it can be damaged, download CrystalDiskInfo and check it. If so, try checking it for errors like here http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/check-your-hard-disk-for-errors If it was caused by bad sectors Windows should get rid of it.

I'm not sure what is causing overheating, I've got 2.21 BIOS and no problems whatsoever.

• IrvinDgl
    Options

Thanks i will try this !! Smiley Happy

HDD i was checking it with many SMART TOOLS and HDD regenerator said some SMART Errors but not always. Sometimes its said ok and sometimes BAD. Crystal disk said GOOD status.

So i dont know.  but i will try now some bootable USB tools to check errors. 

EDIT: I disabled it and now just power button flash for second and turned off notebook instantly, not fan speed or anything.

And after few sec again I turned on notebook and there was automatic repair window but HDD stoped flashing, went black screen and after a few seconds turned off again. 

So, can broken HDD turn off my PC? acer logo just went black screen and turned off notebook.

When im in bios its running and not turning off so can it be HDD? 

• hivonzooo
    Options

I think yes, if there was some programs that claims your HDD is damaged, i think it is. Some may work better then others. Borrow a HDD from your friend and check if the problem still occurs. HDD problems are common nowadays, thats why i bought an SSD for my Acer V3. Also, I don't think using HDD regenerator was a good idea. For the first time you should try windows tools that I mentioned before or run chkdsk command.

• IrvinDgl
    Options

chkdsk is running forever 50+ hours and nothing happen.

Im now start ubuntu live CD becasue USB still not working and notebook dont turn off. So maybe really its HDD broken. I will test it and THANKS for your help and advice Smiley Happy 

• hivonzooo
    Options

No problem.

• tareiq
    tareiq Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

possible help ask reload bayuz acer laptop v3-571g

• LeonardK
    LeonardK Member Posts: 14 New User
    Options

You might also look here for some hacks to control the fan:

http://community.acer.com/t5/Notebooks-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-v3-571g-Ability-to-control-fan-speed/m-p/359070#M60785

It might brick your device. Use on your own risk!