ACER aspire E1-531 wireless 802.11ac adapter replacement

Options
scarpen01
scarpen01 Member Posts: 3 New User

I am looking to replace the existing Broadcom 802.11 a/g/n wireless adapter that original came with this computer.  I have installed a new network 801.11ac router and want to install a 802.11ac \ a/g/n wirelss adapter.  This is necessary because the existing wireless adapter makes me back down the throughput 2.4gig to 54mb on the router.  If I try anything faster I connect to the router but, with NO internet connection.  To clearify, I have other 5 computer on this network and this is the only computer that is having this problem; the reason for wanting to replace the internal wireless adapter.  Thanks in advance for any help or suggestion that will be compatable with this Acer Aspire E1-531-4694 Notebook.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

If you're thinking of going with Intel, I have seen many Acer owners having trouble finding drivers that will work correctly.

I tried on in a V5 and never could get it to work right.I could get connected, but it was constantly dropping the connection and losing the password.Maybe you'll have better luck.My next try will be with a Broadcom.

• scarpen01
    Options

Hello Philetus,

Thank you for your reply!  This is just one of the reasons I've posted this to the community.  I had the same problem with an HP Evny laptop so I wanted to get some inpuit form other, there was only two 802.11ac wireless adapters that would work, all others froze the copmputer completely.  I'm hoping someone from Acer will reply with compatable adapters.  Again my sincere thanks!

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

I'm not from Acer, I just own three.

• scarpen01
    Options

My thanks again,  I should have mentioned that the OS on the laptop is running Windows 8.1.